[Fast-Neutrons] Improved spatial resolution for imaging with fast neutrons

Bernhard Walfort walfort at rctritec.com
Mon Mar 2 10:57:33 CET 2020

Dear all,

We want to inform you that, thanks to people from LANSCE, FRM II and PSI,

we were able to develop a new Scintillation screen with improved spatial
resolution for imaging with fast neutrons.

We reached in the measurements last week at FRM II spatial resolutions down
to ~200 micrometer,

which is in comparison to our standard PP/ZnS:Cu (2.4 mm) a real
breakthrough!

Unfortunately, the light output is reduced (25 - 50% in comparison to the
standard PP/ZnS), but still in a reasonable range.

We were able to have the outstanding images shown with 80 s illumination.

Please have a look to the attached file for further details!

Those screens are producible in standard dimensions of 400 x 400 mm2 or 200
x 200 mm2.

Intermediate or smaller sizes are producible by request.

Larger sizes up to 420 x 420 mm are feasible with little extra cost.

We can produce with different phosphor types (ZnS:Ag; ZnS:Cu or Zn(Cd)S:Ag)
for different emission wavelength,

but actually we saw lowest gamma sensitivity for ZnS:Ag.

We have to inform, that few further improvement work is planned at FRM II,

but the actual scintillator configuration works definitely fine!

For further information or any other request you can contact us in the usual
way.

With our very best regards

Bernhard Walfort

Dr. Bernhard Walfort