[Neutron] LANSCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Sandra Chance sandyc at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 21 13:39:36 CDT 2003

LANSCE CALL FOR PROPOSALS

<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/index_lujan.htm>Lujan Center --
>Asterix (polarized neutron beam)
Filter Difference Spectrometer (FDS)
High-Pressure Preferred Orientation Diffractometer (HIPPO)
Low-Q Diffractometer (LQD)
Neutron Powder Diffractometer (NPDF)
Protein Crystallography Station (PCS)
High-Resolution Chopper Spectrometer (Pharos)
Spectrometer for Materials Research at Temperature and Stress (SMARTS)
Surface Profile Analysis Reflectometer (SPEAR)

<http://wnr.lanl.gov/>Weapons Neutron Research facility --
Target 1:  1FP5, 1FP14
Blue Room
Target 4:  4FP90L, 4FP30L, 4FP15L, 4FP15R, 4FP30R, 4FP60R

Proposals will be accepted for the following instruments, although
available beam time and user support will be very limited:

High-Intensity Powder Diffractometer (HIPD)
Single Crystal Diffractometer (SCD)
Transmission Spectroscopy (Flight Path 5)

>Please submit your proposals using our Web page proposal form; no other
>forms are accepted.  (Classified proposals must be submitted in hard copy.)

>Applicants must list publications resulting from use of previously
>allocated instrument time.
>
>Travel support is available for students to observe or participate in an
>experiment via the
><http://lansce.lanl.gov/users/financialassistance.htm>STONE Program. See
>the web site for details.
>
>DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS IS 0900, August 25, 2003.

Sandra Chance
LANSCE User Office
Los Alamos Neutron Science Center
LANSCE-4, MS H831