[Neutron] tenure-track faculty positions Iowa State University

David Vaknin vaknin at ameslab.gov
Wed Sep 20 18:22:53 CDT 2006

Iowa State University Department of Physics and Astronomy Faculty
Positions in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
Applications are invited for two tenure-track faculty positions in
experimental condensed matter physics. We seek candidates with the
strongest credentials and promise of future accomplishments. Whereas
we are broadly interested in applicants from all areas of
experimental condensed matter physics, we specifically encourage
applications from candidates with experience in NMR, optics, or
neutron scattering as well as from candidates with interest in
photonics, nanoscience, low dimensional systems and/or correlated
electron states/magnetism. Candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. in
Physics, or a closely related discipline, and a demonstrated record
of research accomplishments normally achieved through postdoctoral
experience and publication of results in top tiered journals within
the discipline. All candidates should demonstrate promise for
excellence in teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Further information about the Department of Physics and Astronomy and
the Condensed Matter Physics Program of the Ames Laboratory may be
found on the web at http://www.physics.iastate.edu and
http://www.ameslab.gov. Applicants should send a letter of
application, a resume including statements of research and teaching
interests, and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent
to: CMP Search Committee, c/o Ms. Gloria Oberender, Department of
Physics and Astronomy, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011-3160.
E-mail applications will not be considered. To guarantee
consideration, applications should be received by December 4, 2006.
Iowa State University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and
minorities are encouraged to apply.

David Vaknin                    Tel:  515-294-6023
A500 Physics Bldg               Fax: 515-294-0689
Iowa State University           e-mail: vaknin at ameslab.gov
Ames, IA 50011          www.reflec.ameslab.gov