[Neutron] Open Position at ETH Zürich/Paul Scherrer Institut/SINQ

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Mon Sep 1 10:02:03 CEST 2008

ETH Zurich has an open Post-Doc positon for a

  **  Support Beam Line Scientist for the Instruments MORPHEUS and
ORION  **

Your tasks:

- Support and maintenance of our ETH/PSI internal instruments
     MORPHEUS (reflectometer, diffractometer) and ORION
    (4-circle diffractometer)
- Participation in the user operation of the single crystal
diffraction instrument TriCS
- Own research in the field of thin magnetic films /condensed matter
physics

Your profile:

The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in experimental
physics, chemistry or a related field and has
experience in working at a neutron or synchrotron source. Experience
in user support would be welcome. He
should bring his own projects which can directly benefit from our
neutron facilities.
Communication skills in English are required, French and/or German are
advantageously.
You will work in a controlled radiation area with flexible working
hours. The term of this ETH position is two years.
If you are interested in working at reflectometers and diffractometers
within a lively community, and you are capable of
making major contributions to our research program in collaboration
with colleagues at PSI, ETH and/or Swiss Universities
we will be pleased to receive your application.

For further information and online application please visit one of the
following webpages:
http://internet5.refline.ch/845721/0146/++publications++/1/index.html
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/open_jobs.html

With compliments
Juerg Schefer

-----

Dr. Juerg Schefer
Head ad interim
Laboratory for Neutron Scattering ETH Zurich and Paul Scherrer Institut
CH-5232 Villigen PSI
Switzerland