[Neutron] PNSXM 03 - 05 August 2009 / First Circular

PNSXM2009 pnsxm2009 at fz-juelich.de
Mon Nov 10 08:41:30 CET 2008

Dear Colleague,

We would like to draw your attention to the international conference on
Polarized Neutrons and Synchrotron X-rays for Magnetism PNSXM 2009, which
will be held in Bonn, Germany, from August 3 to August 5, 2009 as a
satellite to ICM 2009.  It will provide a venue for presentations on the
latest advances in the applications of the many complementary techniques
based on polarized neutron and X-ray scattering to a wide range of topics
relevant for magnetism. Besides experiment, theory will be an integral part
of the presentations and discussions. The objective is to bring together
practitioners of the complementary techniques of polarized neutrons and
X-ray scattering and to highlight the impacts of those tools in the
development of modern magnetism. The format of the meeting will follow its
highly successful predecessor, PNSXM 2003, held as satellite to ICM 2003 in
Venice, Italy.

Topics to be discussed may include:

- Low dimensional and nanostructured magnetic systems;

- Molecular magnets;

- Charge and orbital ordering;

- Chiral order and fluctuations;

- Complex magnetic structures;

- Frustrated magnets;

- Highly correlated electron systems;

- Magnetic excitations;

- Magnetisation densities; etc.

Please find attached the 1st Circular. We would appreciate, if you could
spread this information among colleagues and friends. For more information,
please visit our website, which will be regularly updated.

 <http://www.fz-juelich.de/pnsxm2009> http://www.fz-juelich.de/pnsxm2009

We encourage you to preregister through this site.  You will then be
included into our mailing list for further information.

See you in Bonn next year!

Sincerely yours,

Thomas Brueckel

For the PNSXM2009 organizing committee

Prof. Dr. Thomas Brueckel

Institut fuer Festkoerperforschung IFF-Streumethoden

Juelich Centre for Neutron Science JCNS

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH

D-52425 Juelich, GERMANY

Tel.:  +49-2461-614699

Fax:  +49-2461-612610

e-mail:   <mailto:t.brueckel at fz-juelich.de> t.brueckel at fz-juelich.de

Web:  <http://www.fz-juelich.de/iff/e_ism> www.fz-juelich.de/iff/e_ism &
<http://www.jcns.de/> www.jcns.de

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt