[Neutron] Advertisment, research scientist, radiography/tomography, FRM II, Garching

Juergen Neuhaus Juergen.Neuhaus at frm2.tum.de
Thu Feb 5 09:32:11 CET 2009

The Technische Universität München operates the high flux Neutron Source
Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II) in Garching, Germany.

We invite applications for our imaging instrument ANTARES in full time
(40,1 hours per week) beginning from the next possible date. We are
looking for a

                     Research Scientist

Applicants are expected to have an excellent scientific education on the
level of a doctoral thesis and proven skills in experimental techniques.
Previous experience in radiography is welcome but not mandatory. For
applicants with a strong scientific background a Habilitation may be
supported.

Responsibilities include cooperation with visiting researchers,
conducting experiments and development of experimental equipment for the
above mentioned topic. In view of the ongoing rebuild of the instrument
a strong interest in the development of the imaging technique is
requested. The incumbents are expected to perform their own independent
research taking advantage of the wide range of neutron instrumentation
available at the FRM II especially in the area of imaging.

The payment ist based on the TV-L. The appointment will initially be
limited.

The Technische Universität München is an equal opportunity employer.
Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply. Handicapped
applicants having an equivalent experience will be preferred.

Applications will be reviewed after 15. March 2009 and are accepted
until that date. Applicants should send a letter of interest describing
relevant experience including a full curriculum vitae to:

Technische Universität München
Forschungs-Neutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
Dr. Jürgen Neuhaus
Lichtenbergstraße 1
85747 Garching Germany

email: juergen.neuhaus at frm2.tum.de
Phone: +49 89 2891 2187
Fax: +49 89 2891 4995

In case you send your application by e-mail, please put all documents in
one single pdf file.

Dr. Jürgen Neuhaus
Technische Universität München
Forschungsneutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
D-85747 Garching
Germany
Tel.: (+49) 89 2891 2187
Fax.: (+49) 89 2891 4995