[Neutron] Four Scientist Positions Advertised at the Bragg Institute, Sydney, Australia - closing date 10 July 2009 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Fri Jun 5 12:07:53 CEST 2009

Neutron Scattering Instrument Scientists

(4 positions)

*	Competitive salary package
*	Leading edge Research

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development
organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to
the Australian community.

Based in Sydney, we are approaching the start-up of the new 20 MW OPAL
Reactor along with its initial suite of 9 instruments, and have built up
our team of scientists at the Bragg Institute to the point that we are
the leading group of neutron scatterers in the Southern Hemisphere.

Following the Australian Government's recent announcement of $37M in
capital funding for a second wave of guides and instruments at the OPAL
reactor, we are seeking scientists and engineers to lead teams for the
design, procurement, installation, commissioning and operation of the
following:

*	Neutron Radiography, Tomography and Imaging
*	High-Resolution Neutron Spectroscopy (Back-Scattering)
*	Neutron Optics and Supermirror Guides
*	Sample Environments (high-field magnets and dilution
refrigerators)

Successful candidates will be expected to conduct a high-quality
research program, in collaboration with Australian universities,
industry, other ANSTO divisions and overseas scientists.  Possible areas
can include physics, chemistry, materials science and engineering.

As the successful candidate you will have a Ph.D. in condensed-matter
physics, chemistry, materials science or a related area.  Your excellent
interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work
both independently and in teams will be needed for this role.

Experience at, or using, major neutron-scattering or x-ray synchrotron
facilities will be an asset.

TO APPLY and view the selection criteria please visit www.ansto.gov.au
<http://www.ansto.gov.au/>  and follow the links to the vacancies page
or contact Megan Lusty on +61 (02) 9717 3094.

Applications must address the selection criteria, include 3 referees, a
list of publications and should be submitted on-line via our website.

For further information on the Bragg Institute within ANSTO, please
consult: www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute
<http://www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute>

For further information on the application process, please consult the
vacancies page of our website www.ansto.gov.au
<http://www.ansto.gov.au/>

Applications close: 10th July 2009

For specific job adbvertisements, see:

Instrument Scientist- High-Resolution Neutron Spectroscopy
(Back-Scattering)
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=302&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>
https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=302&info_mode=new_app&M
emberID=0
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=302&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>

Instrument Scientist- Neutron Optics and Supermirror Guides
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=304&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>
https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=304&info_mode=new_app&M
emberID=0
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=304&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>

Instrument Scientist- Neutron Radiography, Tomography and Imaging
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=301&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>
https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=301&info_mode=new_app&M
emberID=0
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=301&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>

Instrument Scientist- Sample Environments (High-field magnets and
dilution refrigerators)
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=303&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>
https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=303&info_mode=new_app&M
emberID=0

--------------------

Robert A. Robinson
Head of the Bragg Institute,
B87
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1,
Menai NSW 2234
Australia

Tel:    +61 (2) 9717 9204
FAX:    +61 (2) 9717 3606
Mobile: 0417 017 503
E-mail: robert.robinson at ansto.gov.au

www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute
www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute/contacts/dr_robert_robinson

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.