[Neutron] LANSCE User Program Headlines

E. Fernandez elena at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 14 20:20:35 CEST 2011

LANSCE User Program Headlines
This email has been formatted in html. Some images and links may not be
displayed if your email client is not set to view in html.
To view the full html version go to: lansce . lanl . gov/news/up headlines
<hxxp://lansce.lanl.gov/news/up%20headlines.shtml>

July 14, 2011

Colleagues,

The Las Conchas fire does not prove a threat to LANL or LANSCE. It is
safe to travel to Los Alamos and LANSCE is in full operations mode.
LANSCE extends it deepest thanks and appreciation to the men and women
who have fought to keep LANL and the town of Los Alamos safe from the
Las Conchas fire.

The Las Conchas fire is presently 57% contained. To date, the fire has
burned approximately 149,240 acres.
Please follow these links for up-to-date information on the Las Conchas
fire:
New Mexico Fire Information: hxxp://nmfireinfo.wordpress.com/
Incident Information System: hxxp://inciweb.org/incident/2385/
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), New Mexico Air
Quality: hxxp://www.weather.gov/aq/sectors/newmexico.php#tabs
Environment at LANL: hxxp://www.lanl.gov/environment/

The evacuation of the Los Alamos town-site was lifted on Sunday, July 3
and LANL & LANSCE re-opened on Wednesday, July 6.
Due to the hard-work of our staff, LANSCE has gone back into scheduled
production after the emergency shutdown.

LANSCE thanks all of our staff for their perseverance and
professionalism during this stressful time.
Users scheduled for beam time should plan to be present and ready as
planned.

- LANSCE User Office