[Neutron] LANSCE User Program Headlines | Lujan Center Update | December 2012

Fernandez, Elena elena at lanl.gov
Fri Dec 21 22:36:46 CET 2012

[lansceheadlines.png]

LANSCE User Program Headlines
To view the full html version go to: lansce.lanl.gov/news/up headlines<http://lansce.lanl.gov/news/up%20headlines.shtml>

December 21, 2012
Lujan Center to Resume (Limited) User Program Operations

The User Program at the Lujan Center will resume 9th January, 2013 and continue to 2nd March, 2013 on the following instruments; NPDF<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/NPDF.shtml>, SMARTS<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/SMARTS.shtml>, SPEAR<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/SPEAR.shtml>, LQD<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/FDS.shtml>, Asterix<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/ASTERIX.shtml>, and PCS<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/PCS.shtml>.   We expect to resume a full User Program (including HIPPO<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/HIPPO.shtml>, FDS<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/FDS.shtml> and HIPD<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/instruments/HIPD.shtml>) in the summer of 2013.  All experiments that were recently postponed will be rescheduled in 2013.  Priority for January through March operation will be determined by the experimental review committee (MPAC) score and by constraints of our interim resumption plan.

For the January through March run cycle the Lujan Center will operate using conservative procedures that control for the vulnerabilities that came to light as a result of the recent contamination event. Our goal is to provide the best service that we can during an interim period of operations interim rules as we continue to refine the ergonomics to ensure safe and secure operations. We ask you for your continued support in this critical interim phase of operation.

We would like to thank the DOE<http://energy.gov/>, NNSA<http://nnsa.energy.gov/>, LANL<http://www.lanl.gov/index.php>, NSSA<http://neutronscattering.org/> and all the users who helped us during the closure and for the contributions that they have made that lead to the resumption of our user activities.

We are very much looking forward to hosting Users in 2013.   We wish you a happy and safe holiday season.

Many Thanks,
The Lujan Center