[Neutron] Neutrons and Muons for Magnetism - 2019 SISN Advanced School - Ispra (I) 2-6 September 2019

info at neutronsources.org info at neutronsources.org
Fri Feb 1 12:41:53 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the 2019 edition of the SISN neutron advanced
school

Neutrons and Muons for Magnetism

www.sisn.it/nmm19/<http://www.sisn.it/nmm19/>

taking place from 2 to 6 September 2019  at the Ispra campus of the European
Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC), on the eastern shore of Lake
Maggiore near Ispra (Varese), Italy.

The 5-day school program presents introductory lectures on novel magnetic
materials and their applications, followed by pedagogical lectures on the most
advanced neutron and muon techniques

and tuition in how best to exploit various data-modelling software packages.
We invite PhD students, post-docs, and early-career scientists to apply.

Application closes on Friday 31 May 2019. We will confirm participant places shortly thereafter.

The school registration fee is 200€ and includes full board and lodging. Travel
support may be available upon request. Lectures will be in English.

For further information and application, please follow the webpage link given
above.

Confirmed speakers

Vincent Cros (Unité Mixte de Physique CNRS/Thales, Palaiseau)

Claudia Felser (Max-Planck-Institut für Chemische Physik fester Stoffe,
Dresden)

Stuart S. P. Parkin (Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle)

Roberto Caciuffo (European Commission, Joint Research Centre, Karlsruhe)

Lucia Capogna (Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble)

Sabrina Disch (Universität zu Köln, Cologne)

Mechthild Enderle (Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble)

Tatiana Guidi (ISIS Facility, Science and Technology Facility Council, Didcot)

Christy Kinane (ISIS Facility, Science and Technology facility Council, Didcot)

Duc Le (ISIS Facility, Science and Technology facility Council, Didcot)

Joe Paddison, University of Cambridge, Cambridge)

Toby Perring (ISIS Facility, Science and Technology facility Council, Didcot)

Samuele Sanna (University of Bologna, Bologna)

Helen Walker (ISIS Facility, Science and Technology facility Council, Didcot)

Simon Ward (European Spallation Source, Lund)

Andrew Wildes (Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble)

We look forward to welcoming you in Ispra.

Tatiana Guidi and Roberto Caciuffo

School Directors
The school is partially funded by SINE2020 Grant Agreement No. 654000—
SINE2020 H2020-INFRADEV-20142015/H2020-INFRADEV-1-2014-1.