[Neutron] 4 - 7 June 2019: MLZ Conference 2019 "Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies" - deadline for abstract submission and registration expiring on 17 May

mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de
Thu May 2 13:28:43 CEST 2019

*** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message. ***

Dear Colleagues

Thank you very much to those who have already signed in and submitted
their abstracts for this year's MLZ Conference

*"Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies",*

which is taking place from 4 to 7  June at the Arabella Brauneck Hotel
in Lenggries, not far from Munich.*
*

Due to the strong interest, the deadline for abstract submission has
been extended to *17 May, *which is also the deadline for registration.

As informed earlier, this conference addresses a wide range of emerging
topics in magnetism, that are expected to bear high relevance to the
advances of future information and quantum technologies and we are very
pleased that some of the most renowned scientists in this field have
accepted our invitation to give a key note speech on their specific topic.

  * *Gerrit E.W. Bauer,*TU Delft & Tohoku University - *Spin caloritronics*
  * *Wolfgang Wernsdorfer,*Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
    -*Molecular magnetism*
  * *Subhankar Bedanta, *National Institute of Education and Research
    (NISER) - *New trends in spintronics*
  * *Andreas Michels,*University of Luxembourg - *Novel rare earth free
    permanent magnets*
  * *Je-Geun Park,*Seoul National University, Korea - *2D magnetic van
    der Waals materials*
  * *Helmut Schultheiß*, Helmholtz Zentrum Dresden (HZDR) - *Spin wave
    and magnonics*
  * *Christian Pfleiderer, *Technical University of Munich (TUM)
    -*Domain walls, vortices and Skyrmions*
  * *Ulrich Schollwöck,*Ludwig Maximilians Universität München -
    *Numerical simulations of quantum spin systems*
  * *Stefan Blügel,*Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH - *Quantum theories of
    spin-structures and spin-textures*

If you would like to contribute to the topics respectively sessions
mentioned above, we warmly invite you to hand in your abstracts for
posters and talks  and to register by 17th May at the latest.

For more specific information on the conference, please visit the
conference web-sitehttps://indico.frm2.tum.de/event/157/overview
<https://indico.frm2.tum.de/event/157/overview>

or contact the local organizers on the mlz-conference-2019 at mlz-garching.de

Thank you and best regards,

Peter Müller-Buschbaum and Stephan Förster

--
MLZ Conference 2019: Neutrons for Information and Quantum Technologies
4 - 7 June 2019, Arabella Brauneck Hotel, Lenggries, Germany

Organizers:
Prof. Dr. Peter Müller-Buschbaum, Prof. Dr. Stephan Förster

Local organizing team:
Robert Georgii, Yixi Su
Bjoern Pedersen, Monika Krug, Elisabeth Joerg-Mueller
phone numbers: +49 89 289 -14986/-10714 /-14966

Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Zentrum (MLZ)
Lichtenbergstraße 1
85748 Garching, Germany