[Neutron] SINQ - call for proposals I/20

Useroffice (PSI) useroffice at psi.ch
Fri Dec 20 10:52:37 CET 2019

We are pleased to announce the first call for proposals after the upgrade program of the SINQ neutron guide system!

The next DEADLINE for the submission of beam time requests for the Swiss spallation neutron source 'SINQ' http://www.psi.ch/sinq will be:

   *********  January 31, 2020, midnight, C.E.T.   *********

This call will be open for the following instruments:

Powder Diffractometer                     : HRPT

Single Crystal Diffractometer           : ZEBRA

Strain Scanner                                     : POLDI

Small Angle Scattering                       : SANS-I

Triple Axis Spectrometers                 : TASP, EIGER

Time-of-Flight Spectrometer            : FOCUS

Neutron Imaging                                 : NEUTRA, ICON

The other SINQ instruments will be open for the user program either in the second call period 2020 or in the first period in 2021, respectively. Please note that the Neutron Microscope can be chosen now as experimental setup  option on POLDI and ICON.

PERIOD:

Herewith we call for proposals for the beam time period I/20 between June and September 2020.

PROPOSAL-SUBMISSION:

New users are kindly asked to contact the instrument responsibles before submitting a proposal to discuss instrumental options and reasonable beam time requests.

Please make use of the option to link related previous proposals with their experimental reports to the new one. A proper mention of previous results will provide a certain 'bonus' during the evaluation process.

Guidelines for the proposal submission and further useful information can be found on the SINQ webpages:

http://www.psi.ch/sinq/access-to-sinq

http://www.psi.ch/sinq/call-for-proposals

http://www.psi.ch/sinq/guidelines

Further detailed information about the SINQ instruments can be obtained here:

http://www.psi.ch/sinq/instrumentation

The feasibility of complex experiments should always be discussed in advance with the instrument and sample environment responsibles.

DIGITAL USER OFFICE, DUO:

Proposals can only be submitted electronically via the PSI Digital User Office 'DUO': https://duo.psi.ch

CONTACT ADDRESS:

Paul Scherrer Institute

User Office                               Phone :    +41-56-310-4666

CH-5232 Villigen - PSI             e-mail  :    useroffice at psi.ch

Switzerland