[Neutron] LNS at PSI is looking for a Tenure-Track Scientist "Soft Matter"
useroffice at psi.ch
Mon Jan 11 09:02:05 CET 2021
Within a collaboration between the Paul Scherrer Institute and the Laboratoire Léon Brillouin (LLB/FR) the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering and Imaging LNS<https://www.psi.ch/en/lns> at the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI<https://www.psi.ch/> is looking for a
***** Tenure-Track Scientist - Soft Matter *****
- Planning, preparation and execution of SANS experiments at SINQ/PSI in the framework of the LLB/LNS collaboration
- Ensure user support on SANS instruments at SINQ (up to 40% of working time)
- Collaboration with the „Soft Matter and Biophysics“ group at LLB<http://www-llb.cea.fr/en/Phocea/Vie_des_labos/Ast/ast_groupe.php?id_groupe=3082> and compatible with its activities
- Sample preparation and standard measurements using physical chemistry tools
- Modelling of neutron scattering in the field of soft matter and biophysics
- Actively participate in international collaborations and scientific projects
- Acquisition of external funding for science and instrumentation projects
- Publication of scientific publications and presentations of results at conferences and meetings
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry or biophysics
- Excellent record in SANS or SAXS experiments and in the field of Soft Matter and/or Biophysics
- Experience and technical interest in large instrumentation, preferable neutron instrumentation. Ability to work in an international scientific framework
- Ability to shift work (week-end) up to 20% of the working hours
- Experience with supervision of postdocs and students
- Knowledge of neutron scattering or X-Ray data treatment and modelling
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Programming experience in Python is advantageous
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years, and starts ideally in July 2021 or earlier. For further information, please contact Prof Dr Michel Kenzelmann<mailto:michel.kenzelmann at psi.ch> and consult this webpage<https://www.psi.ch/en/pa/job-opportunities/43322-tenure-track-scientist> (contains also link to online application form).
Please submit your application online by 31 January 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Tenure-Track Scientist (index no. 3303-00).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron