[Neutron] Job opportunity at ESS - Control Room Shift lead
karin.vandenborre at ess.eu
Mon Jul 12 16:08:24 CEST 2021
The European Spallation Source, ESS, a partnership of European countries, is hiring motivated and inspired people to plan, design, and construct the world’s most powerful neutron source. We seek ambitious, talented people in different fields who are excited about playing a part in the future of science in Europe.
ESS can offer a variety of things, such as passionate and international colleagues, a vibrant melting pot of diversity, and a challenging, exciting and high paced work environment. We value and need expertise, innovative minds and great ways of leading and interacting with people from all over the world.
Come and change the world with us!<https://api.kaltura.nordu.net/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/335/uiconf_id/23450475/entry_id/0_norye2s0/embed/auto?&flashvars%5BstreamerType%5D=auto>
ESS is now looking for two Control Room Shift Leaders for the Operations Section organised within Accelerator Division in the Technical Directorate. The Operations section is responsible for ensuring a well-organized and safe operation of the ESS neutron source and relevant technical infrastructure by controlling and monitoring the facility from the main control room. Scope includes accelerator systems, target systems and related technical systems.
If you would like to be part of the team driving the world’s most powerful accelerator based neutron source, this is your opportunity!
Your main areas of responsibilities as a Control Room Shift Lead will be to:
* Ensure safe operation of the ESS neutron source and technical infrastructure
* Ensure that the operational limits and conditions are followed
* Authorize changes in the beam mode and destination inside the current operational limits and conditions
* Chair daily meetings to coordinate and authorize daily work/access to operational areas (within the scope of the main control room)
* Supervise and guide the work of the operators
* Ensure that the local rules for operational areas (within the scope of the main control room) are followed
* Monitor and issue keys to the Personnel Safety System (PSS) controlled areas.
* Be the point of contact for questions concerning safety (radiological or conventional) when on shift
* Ensure that the logbook for the shift is kept
* During Machine Development and Commissioning shifts, work together with the study leader or systems testing leader, to ensure that the studies/tests can take place while ensuring the safety of the operation
* Work with technical systems groups and contribute to the development of the operations instructions, procedures and training
* Perform scheduled shift work in ESS main control room
Working outside normal working hours and on-call is to be expected.
The successful candidate will have a:
* Technical degree (bachelor or higher) in physics, engineering or computer sciences.
* Basic knowledge of particle accelerator and support infrastructure systems.
* At least a few years of experience working at an accelerator facility.
* At least few years of experience as shift leader/similar in a control room is highly desirable.
* Good written and oral communication skills in English are a prerequisite.
We truly believe that you are an organized person with high sense of responsibility and good judgment. That you have the ability to make prompt clear decisions and take responsibility for actions, projects and people. In the role as Control Room Shift Lead you need to be able to provide others with clear directions as well as establish good relationships with different internal and external stakeholders. Our work environment is characterized by fast growth, fast pace of work, and an international atmosphere with highly skilled personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such an environment and have a personality suited for the challenges it presents. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period.
Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible and there for interviews will be conducted continuously so kindly submit your application at the earliest convenience.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae in English by clicking on “apply” and follow the instructions.
Please note that we only accept applications via the ESS website.
For some roles at ESS health check-ups and security clearance are required, and thus this might be applicable in the final parts of the recruitment process. The applicant is expected to be fit to perform the applicable tasks of this recruitment.
The deadline for applications is September 12, 2021
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Lali Tchelidze, Section Leader Operations, lali.tchelidze at ess.eu<mailto:lali.tchelidze at ess.eu>.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Karin Vandenborre, karin.vandenborre at ess.eu.
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Conny Wendt at +46 72 179 24 63 or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers/ Johan Waldeck at +46 72 179 21 65.
We look forward to receiving your application!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 342465 bytes
More information about the Neutron