[Neutron] Job opportunity for an Automation Engineer within motion control at European Spallation Source ERIC
karin.vandenborre at ess.eu
Fri Jul 23 16:30:05 CEST 2021
The European Spallation Source, ESS, a partnership of European countries, is hiring motivated and inspired people to design, construct and operate the world’s most powerful neutron source. We seek ambitious, talented people in different fields who are excited about playing a part in the future of science in Europe.
ESS can offer a variety of things, such as passionate and international colleagues, a vibrant melting pot of diversity, and a challenging, exciting and high paced work environment. We value and need expertise, innovative minds and great ways of leading and interacting with people from all over the world.
Come and change the world with us!<https://api.kaltura.nordu.net/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/335/uiconf_id/23450475/entry_id/0_norye2s0/embed/auto?&flashvars%5bstreamerType%5d=auto>
ESS is now looking for an Automation Engineer for the Motion Control & Automation Group (MCAG) organised within the Science Directorate. The MCAG is responsible for deploying and operating PLC based motion control and positioning systems for the suite of Neutron Scattering Instruments.
The successful candidate will be part of various Neutron Instrument Construction Teams supporting our in-kind partners from across Europe. The position requires an expert in Motion Control and PLC systems especially for the design, procurement, installation and commissioning of motion control related components and control systems.
Your main areas of responsibilities as an Automation Engineer will be to:
* Support the Lead Instrument Engineer in calculating, selecting and procuring motion control components (motors, encoders etc.) for instrument systems adhering to ESS standards; provide support in safety analysis and propose mitigations.
* Design and procure the cables and the motion control electronics (Beckhoff EtherCAT PLC) adhering to ESS standards; produce electrical drawings of the motion control installations in ePlan.
* Plan and perform the motion control related parts of the Factory Acceptance Tests at the suppliers of instrument and control systems.
* Program and commission the motion control systems after installation on ESS site.
Compile and provide the Instrument Teams with the related documentation necessary to pass the different reviews from design to commissioning.
* Communicate and link between the different Instruments Teams, the ESS MCAG and other ESS groups relevant for motion control (Personnel Safety, Vacuum, Installation etc.).
To be a successful candidate you will have:
* University degree (MSc, BSc) in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering with a strong focus on Motion Control and Automation.
* Knowledge of scientific instruments and its associated motion control and automation techniques as well as a good knowledge of motion control components and its use in radiation environment is essential.
* Experience in managing small development projects and interfacing with scientists and scientific project managers.
* Involvement in verification, test and commissioning procedures for electrical control systems.
* Experience in producing electrical drawings, preferably in ePlan.
* Comfortable working in an international environment and interacting with people from different backgrounds.
* Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
Additional experiences that will be an advantage for the appointed candidate include:
* Experience in the design and programming of PLCs and motion control systems preferably for scientific large-scale user facilities; knowledge of Beckhoff TwinCAT or another PLC Open system.
* Knowledge in machine safety (EN ISO 13849 and other relevant standards).
* Practical experience in setting up automation control systems including installation and cabling according to wiring diagrams.
We truly believe that you are a good communicator and great collaborator. You should be self-motivated and driven, and be used to deliver according to deadlines and milestones. Writing and documenting comes naturally to you, and you have confidence in organising and running efficient and successful meetings.
Duration & Location
The position is a fixed term position of 3 years.
Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae in English by clicking on this link:
Please note that we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is September 12th 2021.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment- process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Thomas Gahl, Group Leader of Motion Control & Automation, thomas.gahl at ess.eu.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Tina Nilsson, tina.nilsson at ess.eu.
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Conny Wendt at +46 72 179 24 63 or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers/ Johan Waldeck at +46 72 179 21 65
We look forward to receiving your application!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 342467 bytes
More information about the Neutron