[Neutron] SXNS16 is moving online

Thomas Arnold tom.arnold at ess.eu
Fri Dec 3 15:53:25 CET 2021

SXNS16 moving online!

The 16th International Conference on Surface X-ray and Neutron Scattering (SXNS16) will now take place fully online (in the European time-zone) on the same dates, 11th - 14th January, 2022.

Unfortunately, due to the escalating travel restrictions due to the pandemic and the emergence of the Omicron variant, coupled with an increasing number of withdrawals by attendees, we have made the decision to abandon our plans for a physical meeting in January. We are obviously very disappointed with this development; however, this does create an opportunity for those who were previously unable to travel.

We have therefore reopened registration and poster abstract submission.

If you would like to submit an abstract for a poster, this will be possible until 8th December, 2021.

Once accepted, posters will need to be emailed to us by 17th December.

We are also re-opening registration and payment for any new attendees, which will close on 3rd January, 2022.

The registration fees will be 10% of the original fee:

Full registration 625 SEK (inc VAT)
Students 412 SEK (inc VAT)

Please see the website for further details: https://www.sxns16.org

Kind regards

Tom Arnold & Ann Terry

P.S. we apologise if you are receiving this email more than once.