[Neutron] new position in the Sample Environment Group SINQ/PSI

Bartkowiak Marek (PSI) marek.bartkowiak at psi.ch
Wed Dec 22 16:48:48 CET 2021

The Sample Environment Group is looking for a Scientist (Tenure Track) to support the pressure activities at the neutron and muon user facilities at PSI.

Your tasks
	• Support pressure and mechanical load related experiments in the SINQ and SµS user programs
	• Drive new research activities utilizing high pressure equipment
	• Manage and develop new collaborations on high-pressure science across PSI and with external international partners
	• Take an active role in the development of pressure equipment
Your profile
	• PhD degree in natural sciences / engineering with a strong background in solid state physics
	• Experience in operating pressure cells and using them for research
	• Experience in mechanical design CAD and structural simulations FEA
	• Experience in low temperature techniques and cryogenics
	• Excellent communication skills (incl. fluent in English, willingness to learn German) and open-minded for new ideas
We offer
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.

This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.

For further information and the application forms visit
https://www.psi.ch/en/pa/job-opportunities/49285-scientist-tenure-track

Please submit your application online by 11 February 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees for the position as a Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 3601-01).

Best regards,

PAUL SCHERRER INSTITUT
Marek Bartkowiak Ph.D.

Group Leader: Sample Environment
Laboratory for Neutron and Muon Instrumentation (LIN)

 WLGA/U127
 Forschungsstrasse 111
 5232 Villigen PSI
 Switzerland