[Neutron] Announcement for distribution: CERIC Call for Proposals now OPEN [Deadline: March 2022]

CERIC-ERIC info at ceric-eric.eu
Tue Jan 25 17:35:56 CET 2022

Dear Researcher,

*The CERIC Call for Proposals is Now Open*

The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC-ERIC
<http://ceric-eric.eu/> is calling for proposals for coordinated access
to more than 50 instruments and support laboratories for research in all
fields of materials, biomaterials and nanotechnology. The call is open
to researchers from all over the world. In addition to the possibility
to access several instruments through a single application, we offer
support for mobility.

To apply, use the link "Submit a new CERIC proposal" in our Virtual
Unified Office - VUO, at https://vuo.elettra.trieste.it/

As usual, there will be two deadlines:

  * *March 1st 2022*, at 17:00 CET, to have a pre-evaluation and the
    possibility to improve your proposal
  * *March 31st 2022*, at 17:00 CET (final submission), recommended only
    for users that are experts in all the techniques requested.

*What is new in this call?*
CERIC is increasing its capacities in the field of Energy Materials. To
this end, we will upgrade some beamlines/instruments during this year to
improve our services. In the first step, the upgrades will address
battery research. We invite users to check the instruments' pages or
contact the instruments' scientists for forthcoming developments.

Additional Facilities available

  * Soft X-ray beamline PHELIX at SOLARIS
  * X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy beamline SOLABS at SOLARIS
  * Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope beamline DEMETER-STXM at SOLARIS
  * A new Near Ambient Pressure Electron Spectroscopy EnviroESCA at Charles
    University is under commissioning and will be available in the
    future Call for Proposals. However, it welcomes users already in
    2022 on a rolling basis for fast track access for commissioning.

CERIC continues to offer access to:

  * The Ultraviolet Laser Facility of the Foundation for Research and
    Technology – Hellas (ULF-FORTH) in Greece
  * The X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy beamline LISA at ESRF

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the CERIC facilities may propose
to perform measurements remotely, through sample mailing. It will be
possible to express your availability for remote measurements in the
proposal submission form.

*For further information about the call, please visit our website at
https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/call-for-proposals/ *

Remember you can also apply anytime for the dedicated COVID-19 Fast
Track Access
<https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/open-access#fast-track-for-covid->, the
Fast Track for commissioning
<https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/open-access#fast-track-for-instruments-under-commissioning>