[Neutron] Job opportunity as Group Leader for the Detector Group at European Spallation Source, Sweden
karin.vandenborre at ess.eu
Fri Feb 25 10:29:16 CET 2022
The European Spallation Source ERIC, ESS, is hiring motivated and inspired people to design, construct and operate the world’s most powerful neutron source. We seek ambitious, talented people in a range of fields who are excited about playing a part in the future of science in Europe. ESS is based in the university city Lund, Sweden and is a partnership of 13 European countries.
ESS is looking for a Group Leader for the Neutron Detector Group, a key part of the neutron Scattering Systems (NSS) Division. The NSS division is responsible for managing the ESS instrument construction project with the scope to deliver 15 state of the art neutron instruments, built in collaboration between ESS and its in-kind partners across Europe.
About the team
The tasks and responsibilities of the Detector group include but are not limited to:
* In-house manufacturing of detector systems;
* Assisting ESS in-kind partners with integration of commercial detector systems;
* Coordinating essential common detector system scope across the ESS instrument suite;
* Supporting instrument construction teams during installation commissioning and operation at ESS.
About the role
As the successful candidate and future Group leader of the Detector Group you will:
* lead these mission critical activities
* manage and lead a large group of scientists, engineers and technicians divided in three sections
* manage a large, significant budget split across multiple subprojects.
* be part of the NSS management team
We believe that you:
* A proven track record and 10+ years domain experience of neutron or photon detectors systems, preferably within a research infrastructure environment
* Experience of managing projects in dynamic environments
* have an advanced degree in Science or Engineering,
* have experience in managing large teams,
* can demonstrate successful leadership preferentially in an international environment,
* possess excellent networking and interpersonal skill as well as demonstrated financial awareness and ability to add value through creative solutions to complex problems.
* possess excellent communication and presentation skills,
* perfectly master English in oral and written form.
What ESS will offer
At ESS you can expect:
* an opportunity to contribute to the future discoveries within neutron science
* a work environment filled with innovative minds and people from all over the world
* a challenging, exciting and high-paced work environment
* market competitive compensation that is individual and differentiated according to role, responsibilities, individual skills, abilities, and achievements
* benefits including 30 days of annual leave as well as more than 10 days of public holiday and company days off or days with limited working hours, flexible working arrangements and focus on work life balance
* and where applicable relocation support and allowances may also be available
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probation period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae in English by accessing our website and follow the instructions:
Please note that we only accept applications via the ESS website.
For some roles, ESS health check-ups and security clearance are required, and will if so be applicable in the final part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is 31 March, 2022 please note that we will review applications continuously, so kindly submit your application at the earliest convenience.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Recruiting Manager, Jonathan Taylor, Head of NSS Division, jonathan.taylor at ess.eu<mailto:jonathan.taylor at ess.eu>
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Karin Vandenborre, karin.vandenborre at ess.eu<mailto:karin.vandenborre at ess.eu>
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Conny Wendt at conny.wendt at ess.eu<mailto:conny.wendt at ess.eu> or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers / Johan Waldeck at johan.waldeck at ess.eu<mailto:johan.waldeck at ess.eu>
We look forward to receiving your application!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 342465 bytes
More information about the Neutron