[Neutron] U.S. National Committee for Crystallography (USNC/Cr) Workshop Series Exploring Structural Database Use in Crystallography

Fry-Petit, Allyson afry at Fullerton.edu
Thu Mar 3 20:10:44 CET 2022

On behalf of The U.S. National Committee for Crystallography (USNC/Cr) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, I am happy to announce the online workshop series "Exploring Structural Database Use in Crystallography: Workshop Series<https://www.nationalacademies.org/our-work/exploring-structural-database-use-in-crystallography-a-usnccr-workshop-series#sectionProjectScope>", starting March 21, 2022. The workshop series is designed for students, researchers, and young faculty. The topics will focus on using, developing, and maintaining crystallographic and structural databases- encompassing macromolecular, small molecule, and powder diffraction. We will open the series with a keynote delivered by John Helliwell (IUCr Chair of the Committee on Data) on March 21, 2022 followed by 10 one-day and two-day workshops focused on 8 different structural and crystallographic data resources. An overview of the program can be found at: file:///C:/Users/CSUFTitan/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/Content.Outlook/OVBO13K4/CrystallographicDatabaseWorkshopFlyer.html.

Registration for this online series is free. To read more about each session and to register, please visit:

https://www.nationalacademies.org/our-work/exploring-structural-database-use-in-crystallography-a-usnccr-workshop-series

The workshop is sponsored by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).

For more information, please contact Ana Ferreras, Telephone: (202) 334-1697 Email: aferreras at nas.edu

Allyson Fry-Petit, PhD
Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
California State University, Fullerton
http://www.fry-petitlab.com/