[Neutron] NCrystal release 3.0.0

Thomas Kittelmann thomas.kittelmann at ess.eu
Thu Apr 28 11:53:51 CEST 2022

Dear all,

After almost a year of intense work, the NCrystal developers are very
proud and excited to finally being able to present the NCrystal v3.0.0
release!

Most importantly, this release brings support for multiphase materials,
material density control, SANS physics, goodies for McStas users, and
various smaller but hopefully useful new features such as defining
simple unstructured materials without the need for data files, new handy
cfg-parameters, and other quality-of-life improvements. In addition, the
release brings many other new features and technical improvements "under
the hood", with around 19.000 lines of code changed in more than 300 files!

Please refer to the release 3.0.0 announcement page on our wiki for a
slightly more detailed overview about this new release:

https://github.com/mctools/ncrystal/wiki/Announcement-Release3.0.0

Furthermore, we would like to encourage users to post questions
concerning the new release (or anything else NCrystal related obviously)
to the new forum at:

https://github.com/mctools/ncrystal/discussions

Best regards,
Thomas Kittelmann (OBO the NCrystal developers)