[Neutron] Postdoc position in Delaire group, Duke University

Olivier Delaire olivier.delaire at duke.edu
Wed Sep 14 19:35:00 CEST 2022

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

The Delaire group at Duke University has an open postdoc position focused on modeling of atomic dynamics in energy materials, combining simulations with neutron/x-ray scattering measurements.  Please see further details in the ad below. The position is open immediately. I would appreciate if you could forward this to potential candidates.

Thank you,
Olivier

---
A Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) position is available in the Delaire group at Duke University to work on studies of atomic structure and dynamics in solid-state inorganic materials. Our group conducts scattering experiments (neutrons/x-rays) and materials simulations (DFT, MD, AI-ML) to investigate atomic dynamics, transport and thermodynamic properties of energy materials, functional materials and quantum materials.

The PDRA position is open immediately. Applicants with a Ph.D. in physics, solid-state chemistry or materials science, or related fields, are encouraged to apply. We are targeting candidates with established experience in first-principles materials modelling, machine learning techniques, and proficiency with data sciences and programming. Expertise in scattering investigations of materials & condensed-matter, especially inelastic scattering techniques / spectroscopy will be an advantage.

We are seeking creative individuals with a demonstrated track-record of productive research. Successful candidates are expected to have excellent written/oral communication skills, be committed to teamwork and thrive in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary research environment. Our group offers a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive work environment with many opportunities for professional development. More information about Delaire group:
https://delaire.pratt.duke.edu/

About Duke University: Located in Durham, NC (nearby Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina), Duke is a top US research university, with a dynamic research environment and scenic campus. National rankings consistently rate the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill (“Triangle”) region among the five best places in the country to live and work, with a moderate weather, reasonable cost of living, highly educated workforce, and a welcoming environment. A collaborative, supportive environment for business and innovation and research collaborations with area universities and the Research Triangle Park are compelling reasons for relocation to the area.

For more information and to apply, see the job posting at:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22783

--
Olivier Delaire, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science