[Neutron] ANSTO Call for Proposals: Neutron Scattering & Deuteration Capabilities - 2023-2 Round [SEC=OFFICIAL]

SCHULZ, Jamie jys at ansto.gov.au
Thu Dec 22 03:46:52 CET 2022

View this email in your browser<https://us16.campaign-archive.com/?e=__test_email__&u=e66c73b8b59a5fdae296a6ceb&id=9fe040c88d>
[https://mcusercontent.com/e66c73b8b59a5fdae296a6ceb/images/cd56d16f-be57-4cb8-d763-7601bd1bf95e.png]<https://www.ansto.gov.au/>
Call for proposals
2023-2 Round

[collage image showing Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering and National Deuteration Facility promoting that applications are open]<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals>

As a valued member of our user community, we are reaching out to let you know that we are now accepting proposals for the ACNS & NDF 2023-2 round.

Applications close: 15 March 2023

In this email, you will find details and useful links on how to apply, available neutron instruments, deuteration capabilities, ACNS planned user program days and user terms and conditions.

Apply today<https://portal.ansto.gov.au/>

Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering
ACNS is accepting proposals for access from August 2023 through March 2024. Please note that OPAL will be having a long shutdown<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/opal-multi-purpose-reactor/opal-2024-shutdown> from March 2024 through to July 2024 and neutrons will not be available in this period. ACNS will not be offering a 2024-1 Round due to this reason but scheduling up to March 2024 from approved applications received in this 2023-2 Round.

A range of neutron-beam instruments and capabilities are available to support your research proposal.

View the list of available instruments and capabilities<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals#content-acns>

National Deuteration Facility
The NDF is accepting proposals for access from August 2023 through March 2024. Please note that OPAL will be having a long shutdown<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/opal-multi-purpose-reactor/opal-2024-shutdown> from March 2024 through to July 2024 and neutrons will not be available in this period. The NDF will not be offering a 2024-1 Round due to this reason but scheduling up to March 2024 from approved applications received in this 2023-2 Round.

Deuteration by chemical and biological processes is available.
Find out more<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals#content-ndf>

How to apply
The user portal has transitioned to a new location, the ANSTO Research Portal<https://portal.ansto.gov.au/>. If you are new to this portal, you will need to create an account. For help on this and proposal creation, download this handy user guide<https://www.ansto.gov.au/media/4451/download>.

We encourage you to discuss your proposal with the relevant ANSTO scientist before submitting your application.

Visit our website for more detailed information on how to apply<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals> or click on the button below to start your application today.

Apply today<https://portal.ansto.gov.au/>

Important information

Planned user program days
The 2023 - 2 round, runs from August 2023 through to March 2024 and includes 191 reactor days, providing approximately 128 days for the ACNS user programs. Click here<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals#content-program-days> to view more of our planned ACNS program days for subsequent rounds.

Early Career Researchers
Discretionary requests will be considered for Early Career Researchers if these proposals meet certain requirements. For more information and how to apply visit our website<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals>.

Terms & conditions
Before completing your application please read through our ACNS user terms & conditions<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/australian-centre-for-neutron-scattering/call-for-proposals#content-terms-conditions>.

NDF conditions for proposal submission can be found in the user guide.

New Facility Access Terms and Conditions are currently being discussed for implementation in 2023. Find out more here<https://www.ansto.gov.au/facilities/user-access/user-access-updates#content-facility-access-terms-and-conditions>.

Get in touch
If you have any questions or need further support, send us an email<mailto:user.office.nsw at ansto.gov.au?subject=Questions%20re%20Call%20for%20Proposals>.
ANSTO - Sydney
New Illawarra Rd,