[Neutron] Postdoc position in superconductivity and magnetism at Texas State University

Christy Kinane - STFC UKRI christy.kinane at stfc.ac.uk
Sun Feb 11 21:47:57 CET 2024

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this message finds you well. I apologize for sending it as a mass email.

There is a position available in my group for a postdoc. Interested candidates can apply on the Texas State website:
https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/45187

I would greatly appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to anyone you know who may be interested, or to any networks you have where postdoc positions are advertised.

I have recently started a new research group at Texas State University with the aim of investigating magnetic Josephson junctions and related phenomena in superconductivity and magnetism. This recent review article provides some background to the type of projects the group will be involved in: https://arxiv.org/abs/2401.04219

The postdoc would ideally have a background working with thin film growth, cleanroom device fabrication, and electrical transport measurements, as well as knowledge of the physics of magnetism and/or superconductivity. Applications are encouraged from all who are interested and meet most of the criteria.

The position will remain open until filled with interviews starting after Feb 19th. Appointment will initially be for 2 years with a salary of $60,000 and the start date is flexible. Anyone interested can email me directly (satchell at txstate.edu<mailto:satchell at txstate.edu>) to discuss the position informally.

Many thanks,
Nathan

--

Dr. Nathan Satchell