[Neutron] Save the Date : John White Symposium : 18th - 19th July 2024

Emily RYAN ryan at ill.fr
Thu Feb 22 08:49:25 CET 2024

Prof John W White AO CMG FRS (1937-2023) was a pioneering user and
promotor of scattering techniques who had significant impacts on the
neutron and X-ray communities across the world. Over his long and
distinguished career, through a combination of advances in
experimentation and choice of paradigm examples, his work demonstrated
how neutron scattering data could be analysed to provide precise details
of molecular structure and dynamics for a wide variety of chemical
systems. We will hold a workshop to remember his extensive contributions
to science and celebrate his academic legacy.

The workshop will be held at the ILL in Grenoble, 18-19^th  July, after
the SXNS meeting.  We welcome contributions from John’s colleagues,
collaborators and enthusiasts. Please save the date!

A meeting webpage is available at: https://workshops.ill.fr/e/johnwhite

Further updates will be added soon.

Elliot Gilbert (ANSTO), Giovanna Fragneto (ESS), Ralf Schweins (ILL),
Philipp Gutfreund (ILL), Theyencheri Narayanan (ESRF), Emily Ryan (ILL),
Karen Edler (Lund)

--
Logo ILL <http://www.ill.eu/>
Emily RYAN