[Neutron] The 6th Open Reflectometry Standards Organisation annual meeting

Thomas Arnold tom.arnold at ess.eu
Thu Mar 14 09:32:20 CET 2024

The 6th Open Reflectometry Standards Organisation annual meeting

will take place on the 19th July at ILL/ESRF campus in Grenoble, France.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss topics of interest to the ORSO community.

This year, for the first time since the first meeting in 2017, the ORSO annual workshop will be a physical (hybrid) meeting and will take place as a satellite ofSXNS17<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=4da3cd8e34&e=36bf5c9247> so physical attendance will require registration at that conference. We will, however, also offer partial participation with free remote access, for which you can register separately.

The full program is available here<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=dc1f97bcb7&e=36bf5c9247> and consists of scientific and technical talks together with more extended break-out discussions on specific topics including a session on "Open Data in Reflectometry" in collaboration withDAPHNE4NFDI<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=78c632aa94&e=36bf5c9247>. We have suggested a total of 6 discussion sessions that will be run in parallel during the morning and afternoon sessions together with a pleneray session and AGM. We would also like to invite the community to raise any issues that they would like to discuss, and have reserved slots for extra parallel sessions as required.

If you would like to propose a discussion session please submit an abstract here<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=b4b2efb392&e=36bf5c9247> or discuss with one of the chairs. Additionally, we invite abstracts for 10-15-min talks in the following sessions: "Open Data in Reflectometry" and "Recent Developments in Reflectometry Analysis".

  *   For physical attendance (including SXNS17) please register here<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=2f2c481a42&e=36bf5c9247>
  *   For remote access only please register here<https://reflectometry.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e7e953117fa45f665f9030aaa&id=2334a3aaa9&e=36bf5c9247>

Physical attendance at the meeting without participation in SXNS may be possible in a few special cases, but is not guaranteed: If you wish to do this, please contact Tom<mailto:tom.arnold at ess.eu>.
Looking forward to seeing you in July.

Tom Arnold on behalf of the ORSO Chairs.