[Neutron] ONE WEEK UNTIL ABSTRACT CLOSING FOR INTERNATIONAL SMALL-ANGLE SCATTERING CONFERENCE (SAS2024) [SEC=OFFICIAL]

GILBERT, Elliot Paul epg at ansto.gov.au
Mon Apr 8 02:47:54 CEST 2024

Dear Colleagues in the Small Angle Neutron Scattering Community,

As the April 15 deadline is approaching, we would like to remind you to submit an abstract to the XIX International Small-Angle Scattering conference scheduled at the Taipei TICC, November 3 - 8 2024.

Participants who register before the end of June will enjoy the early registration fee plus a Taipei 101 observatory deck ticket (limited tickets).

Financial support for Ph.D. students and post-doctoral fellows is also available.

The website can be found at www.sas2024.tw<http://www.sas2024.tw>

SAS2024 will showcase the latest developments in several key areas, including structural biology, polymers, imaging, colloids, and gels, as well as artificial intelligence and machine learning. The conference will also focus on condensed matter and quantum materials, and a range of industrial applications. A special session is dedicated to the semiconductor sector, highlighting local achievements. Furthermore, there are three keynote speakers and eight confirmed esteemed plenary speakers along with a variety of insightful sessions to highlight recent developments and foster rich discussions in the fields of small-angle scattering and its interdisciplinary approaches.

Additional highlights include a banquet on the National Palace Museum site, a visit to the National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center, and specially designed conference tours showcasing Taiwan Formosa.

A satellite meeting, Cutting-Edge in Soft Matter Science 2024 at Kitakyushu, Japan, is also organized to maximize the value of the Asia trip for cross-continent attendees.

A one-day school for tutorials on SAS data analysis will be held before the conference commencement with free student access.

A special issue of the Journal of Applied Crystallography will be published highlighting the research contributions from registered conference participants of SAS2024, with a conference discount.  We invite conference participants to submit to this special issue at any time from April 15 until November 24. There will be an award ceremony during SAS2024 to present prizes for selected papers accepted before the conference, in addition to the Guinier Prize award, Otto-Kratky Award and poster award.

With all the above, we invite you to participate and contribute to a successful SAS2024.

Should you have any questions about attending SAS2024, please feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you at the Taipei venue.

Best wishes from Chair of Scientific Program Committee:
Wei-Tsung Chuang, Ph.D. (weitsung at nsrrc.org.tw) Chair of Local Organization Committee
Orion Shih, Ph.D.(shih.orion at nsrrc.org.tw) Chair of SAS2024
U-Ser Jeng, Prof.(usjeng at nsrrc.org.tw) National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center

Professor Elliot Paul Gilbert
Senior Principal Scientist
Instrument Responsible, QUOKKA and
Lead, Food Materials Science
Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering
Honorary Professor
Centre for Nutrition and Food Sciences
The University of Queensland
Tel
Web
+61 2 9717 9470
www.ansto.gov.au/people/professor-elliot-gilbert<http://www.ansto.gov.au/people/professor-elliot-gilbert>
[fb]<http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverANSTO> [tw] <https://twitter.com/ANSTO>  [ln] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ansto>  [yt] <http://www.youtube.com/user/ANSTOVideos>
[ansto]
Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not intended for your attention, any use, printing, storage, reproduction or further disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or email and immediately delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.

OFFICIAL