Neutron scattering SIG sessions, ACA 2001 LA meeting

Bryan Chakoumakos kou at ornl.gov
Fri Dec 15 13:36:31 CST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

At the annual meeting of the American Crystallographic Association, July
21-26, 2001, in Los Angeles,
(http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu/ACA/ACA-Annual/LosAngeles/LosAngeles.html) a
full-day session is being sponsored by the Neutron Scattering Special
Interest Group entitled  "Gas Clathrates, Ices, and Planetary Materials,"
Sunday July 22.  The program of invited speakers is given in the attached
pdf file.

A third half-day session, Thursday, July 26, will be devoted to contributed
abstracts on these subjects, as well as any other neutron scattering
applications in crystallography.  Lively poster sessions will be held
throughout the meeting to accommodate the remaining contributed abstracts.
The posters will also include the latest reports from instrument
development teams of the Spallation Neutron Source Project.

As if that is not enough, we will also be sponsoring an evening general
lecture on "Planetary Ices", Tuesday, July 24, by David Stevenson, Caltech,
showing-off the latest and greatest pictures of icy objects in our solar
system.

ABSTRACT DEADLINE:  March 1, 2001

VENUE:  Westin Bonaventure Hotel http://www.at-la.com/westinbv/

This notice is being sent out well in advance of the abstract deadline, so
you can be thinking ahead to what you might like to present in Los Angeles.
This meeting is destine to set attendance records for the ACA, so this will
be an excellent forum to present your research.

We will be sending out another reminder as the abstract deadline draws
nearer, but meanwhile, please consider how you might participate in the ACA
annual meeting.

Happy holidays and congratulations to our new SIG officers, Simon Billinge
(Chair-elect) and Jim Richardson (Secretary-elect).

Bryan Chakoumakos
Neutron Scattering SIG Chair