[Neutron] Advertisement for Neutron Scattering Group Leader at the Bragg In stitute, Sydney Australia

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Sun May 30 16:48:06 CDT 2004

Neutron Scattering Research Leaderneut

Applications close on 30 July 2004
 <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2004/ansto_vacancy025.pdf> For further information see http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2004/ansto_vacancy025.pdf <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2004/ansto_vacancy025.pdf>

We are seeking a scientific leader to lead and mentor a team of ~20 principal investigator-level Ph.D. researchers using neutron and x-ray techniques to solve scientific and technological problems in condensed-matter physics, materials science and
engineering, chemistry, and the life and earth sciences.

The Bragg Institute is Australia's leading Neutron Scattering and Synchrotron Radiation group and currently employs ~45 ANSTO staff, and operates a substantial postdoctoral, graduate student and visitor program. Our facilities include 8 new
state-of-the-art neutron-scattering and 2 new in-house X-ray instruments, in addition to the use of synchrotrons and other neutron sources overseas.

You will be expected to conduct a world-class research program, in collaboration with Australian universities, industry, other ANSTO divisions and leading overseas research institutions. This is a leadership role and part of the management team. We offer
the opportunity to influence research direction and to work with, mentor and develop your team of researchers.

You will have a Ph.D. in condensed-matter physics, chemistry, materials science or a related area and at least 15 years postdoctoral experience with an international reputation in your field. We also look for excellent interpersonal and communication
skills, and demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams. Experience managing an internationally competitive research group is essential. Experience at major neutron-scattering or x-ray synchrotron facilities will be an advantage.

More information on present and future neutron scattering activities at ANSTO can be found on the Web at http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html

If you want both career challenge and the best of the Australian lifestyle and feel you are right for ANSTO, then send your details to bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au - we look forward to hearing from you.

Alternatively contact Ms Cherylie Thorn on +61 2 9717 9039

Applications for this role should address the selection criteria and close 30 July 2004.

Application Details:

Please forward your application addressing the selection criteria and including a C.V. and at least three professional referees to: Ms Cherylie Thorn, ANSTO, PMB 1, Menai, NSW 2234, Australia. Alternatively e-mail your application to: braggrecruit@
<mailto:braggrecruit at ansto.gov.au> ansto.gov.au

Robert A. Robinson

Director, The Bragg Institute, Building 58

Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation

PMB 1

Menai                     tel: +61-(2)-9717-9204

NSW 2234             FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606

AUSTRALIA         e-mail: rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:

 <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html> http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html

 <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html> http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html