[Neutron] LANSCE Winter Neutron School on Applications to Structural Materials

Don Brown dbrown at lanl.gov
Thu Dec 23 09:50:09 CST 2004

We have decided to extend the deadline for application to the
<http://lansce.lanl.gov/neutronschool/>Winter Neutron School to Jan.
7.  Please note that we cannot go beyond this because of the time necessary
to obtain clearance to LANL for citizens of sensitive countries.

I also want to point out that we have already a received a large number of
applications and anticipate having to down-select from the pool of
applicants.  Selection will be based primarily on support from the
student's advisor (in the form of a reference letter) and the relevance of
the curriculum to the students research.

Once again, thank you for your interest in the school.

Don Brown

<http://lansce.lanl.gov/>LANSCE will host its second annual Winter Neutron
School, this year focused on Applications to Structural Mechanics on March
3-11, 2005.  The school will include lectures from some of the preeminent
scientists in the field and hands on experiments on the SMARTS, HIPPO,
NPDF, and LQD instruments at the
<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/index.html>Lujan<http://lansce.lanl.gov/lujan/index.html>
Center. The school is focused of graduate students beginning there thesis
research and post doctoral researchers, but industrial applicants will also
be considered.

There is no tuition and travel expenses are covered. As an added bonus, we
will take Sunday off for a day of skiing, snowshoeing, etc. It is already
shaping up to be a good winter in New Mexico.

For more information and application instructions please visit the
<http://lansce.lanl.gov/neutronschool/>Neutron School
website.  Applications are due December 30.

Please send questions to Don Brown (dbrown at lanl.gov).

Don Brown

We wish to acknowledge the support of the Department of Energy, National
Science Foundation, New Mexico State University, and the University of
Tennessee.

Donald W. Brown, B.Sc. Ph.D.
Technical Staff Member, MST-8

Los Alamos National Laboratory          Phone #: (505) 667-7904
Lujan Center, LANSCE-12
Mail Stop H805                          Email:  dbrown at lanl.gov
Los Alamos, NM 87545                    Fax: (505) 665-2676