[Neutron] Call for Proposals by the Geesthacht Neutron Facility

Regine.Willumeit at gkss.de Regine.Willumeit at gkss.de
Thu Feb 17 09:48:43 CST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

with this email we would like to inform you of the

Call for Proposals by the Geesthacht Neutron Facility

(GeNF, http://genf.gkss.de).

As a specialty of GeNF, proposals can be submitted at any time and are
reviewed continuously to provide fast and flexible access to our neutron
facility for external users.

Nevertheless, in order to optimise the beamtime allocation in the upcoming
period of beamtime in 2005 we would like to ask interested users to submit
proposals (see http://genf.gkss.de) until

March 15th, 2005

by email to genf at gkss.de

GeNF offers travel support through the EU program "ACCESS to research
infrastructures" to EU users from outside Germany. If you are interested,
please tick the corresponding box on the proposal form.
Users, who are not eligible to the EU ACCESS program (e.g. German users)
can apply for travel support from GeNF if they have no alternative funds.

A list of the available instruments is given below. Further details are
available at

http://genf.gkss.de

For general questions please contact: genf at gkss.de

We hope to see you at GeNF for some exciting science!

Best Regards

The Team of GeNF

Diffractometers
ARES (peter.staron at gkss.de)
Diffractometer to Analyse Residual Stresses in specimens with technical
sizes (up to 100 kg) using thermal nonpolarised neutrons.

FSS (priesmeyer at gkss.de)
Time of flight Fourier Strain Scanner to investigate residual stresses in
specimens with technical sizes (up to 100 kg) using thermal nonpolarised
neutrons.

TEX-2 (brokmeier at gkss.de, anke.guenther at gkss.de)
Four circle neutron TEXture diffractometer to characterise textures in
metallic, ceramic and geologic materials using thermal nonpolarised
neutrons.

Small Angle Neutron Scattering
SANS-1 (vasyl.haramus at gkss.de)
Used primarily for structure investigations of 'soft matter' such as
biological macromolecules, colloids, micro emulsions and polymers,
optional is the use of polarised neutrons.

SANS-2 (helmut.eckerlebe at gkss.de)
Mainly used for the characterisation of precipitates, clusters,
interfaces, grain sizes, magnetic structures etc. in (engineering)
materials, polarised neutrons are optional.

DCD (klaus.pranzas at gkss.de)
Ultra small angle scattering experiment using cold non-polarised neutrons
to characterise large creep, fatigue and sintering cavities, voids,
bubbles, etc. in materials.

Reflectometers
PNR (dieter.lott at gkss.de, danica.solina at gkss.de)
Polarised Neutron Reflectometer to study magnetic and other surfaces,
layers, thin films and membranes using cold nonpolarised/polarised
neutrons at high fluxes.

NeRo (vincent.leiner at gkss.de)
NEutron ReflectOmeter to study surfaces, layers, thin films and membranes
using cold nonpolarised neutrons at high resolution.
A polarisation option including an analyser for diffuse scattering will be
added in 2005.

Imaging
GENRA-3 (vollbrandt at gkss.de)
GEesthacht Neutron RAdiography facility for non-destructive analysis of
materials by static and dynamic imaging.

PD Dr. Regine Willumeit
GKSS Research Center Geesthacht
Max-Planck-Str.1
21502 Geesthacht