[Neutron] SINQ Call for Proposals, Deadline Nov 15, 2006

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Mon Oct 9 09:03:35 CDT 2006

The next DEADLINE for the submission of beam time requests for the Swiss
spallation neutron source 'SINQ' (http://sinq.web.psi.ch) will be:

                *********  November 15, 2006   *********

PERIOD:
-------
Herewith we call for proposals for the beam time period I/07 between
01/05/2007 and 31/08/2007 and from then onwards (long-term proposals).

PROPOSAL-SUBMISSION:
--------------------
You are invited to submit either long-term or short-term proposals.
New users are kindly asked to contact the instrument responsibles before
submitting a proposal to discuss instrumental options and reasonable
beam time requests. Guidelines for the proposal submission and more
detailed
information can be found on the SINQ webpages:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/access.html
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/sinq_call.html

INSTRUMENTS:
------------
The list of available instruments in I/07 and detailed information on
those
can be obtained here: http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/instruments.html

Additionally, beam time on the instrument MORPHEUS can be allocated by
contacting the instrument responsible directly.

DIGITAL USER OFFICE, DUO:
-------------------------
Proposals should solely be submitted electronically via the
PSI Digital User Office 'DUO':
http://sls.web.psi.ch/goto.php/duo/

A detailed online help on DUO is available from the SINQ website:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/duo/DUO_help.html

SWISS NEUTRONS FOR EUROPE:
--------------------------
SINQ is part of the 'NMI3-Access Program' within 'EU Framework
Program FP6'.
Users from eligible countries might be supported by reimbursement of
travel
and accommodation costs. For further info please have a look at:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/fp6.html

CONTACT ADDRESS:
Paul Scherrer Institute
User Office                         Phone :    +41-56-310-4666
CH-5232 Villigen - PSI              Fax   :    +41-56-310-3294
Switzerland                         e-mail:    sinq at psi.ch