[Neutron] 4th American Conference on Neutron Scattering Announced for May 2008

Anita Miller amiller at mrs.org
Wed Nov 7 08:58:32 CST 2007

[http://image.mrs.org/pix/acns_logo.jpg]<http://image.mrs.org/pix/acns_logo.jpg>

The Neutron Scattering Society
of America<http://www.neutronscattering.org/> announces the . . .

American Conference
on Neutron Scattering
(ACNS2008)

Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
May 11-15, 2008

The fourth biennial American Conference on Neutron Scattering<http://www.lansce.lanl.gov/acns2008/index.html> (ACNS2008)<http://www.lansce.lanl.gov/acns2008/index.html> will be held at the Eldorado Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico, May 11 - 15, 2008. Sponsored by the Neutron Scattering Society of America and hosted by Los Alamos National Laboratory, the conference is intended to showcase recent scientific results in neutron science in a wide range of fields, including:

 *   soft and hard condensed matter
 *   liquids
 *   biology
 *   magnetism
 *   engineering materials
 *   chemical spectroscopy
 *   crystal structure
 *   fundamental physics and
 *   developments in neutron instrumentation.
Please help us to create an exciting program. We invite you to:

* Visit http://www.lansce.lanl.gov/acns2008/SpeakerForm.html before November 15, 2007 and suggest a speaker.

* Visit http://www.lansce.lanl.gov/acns2008/Tutorials.html to suggest tutorials for the first day of the conference.

* Visit http://www.lansce.lanl.gov/acns2008/Schedule.html to suggest topics for breakout sessions held on May 14th.

We are excited about this meeting and look forward to your contributions and participation.

Simon Billinge - Conference Chair
Michigan State University
billinge at pa.msu.edu<MAILTO:billinge at pa.msu.edu>

Thomas Proffen - Local Conference Chair