[Neutron] Scientist - Polarised Neutrons Using Polarised Helium-3 - position available in Sydney, Australia [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Fri Dec 19 11:31:13 CET 2008

 See
https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=207&info_mode=new_app&M
emberID=0
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/fnt_info_page.cfm?JobID=207&info_mode=new_app&
MemberID=0>  for more detail

SCIENTIST
 Polarised Neutrons using Polarised 3He
Attractive Salary

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development
organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to
the Australian community. Based in Sydney, we are commencing operations
of the new 20 MW OPAL Reactor along with its initial suite of 9
instruments, and have built up our team of scientists at the Bragg
Institute to the point that we are the leading group of neutron and
x-ray scatterers in the Southern Hemisphere.

We are seeking a scientist to lead and implement an effort using
optically pumped polarised 3He gas to polarise and/or analyse neutron
beams, for up to five neutron beam instruments.

Successful candidates will be expected to conduct a high-quality
research program, in collaboration with Australian universities,
industry, other ANSTO divisions and overseas scientists. Possible areas
can include physics, chemistry, materials science and engineering.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in optical or condensed-matter
physics, chemistry, materials science or a related area, excellent
interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work
both independently and in teams. Previous experience using optically
pumped 3He and/or polarised neutrons will be an asset.

To be eligible for engagement, applicants will require a medical and
security assessment. Australian citizenship is preferred. An attractive
salary will be negotiated depending upon qualifications and experience.

For technical information relating to this position please contact Dr
Frank Klose on
+61 (02) 9717 3592, or e-mail Frank.Klose at ansto.gov.au

For further information on how to apply and to view the selection
criteria please consult the application information package
<https://ansto.nga.net.au/mjs_customer_data/ansto/file_library/Polarised
%20Neutrons%20using%20Polarised%203HE_%20position%20Application%20packag
e.pdf>  or contact Megan Lusty on +61 (02) 9717-3094. Applications
should be submitted on-line and must address the selection criteria and
include the names and contact addresses of at least two professional
referees.

Applications close: 30 January 2009

--------------------

Robert A. Robinson
Acting Chief of Research and Head of the Bragg Institute,
B87
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1,
Menai NSW 2234
Australia

Tel:    +61 (2) 9717 9204
FAX:    +61 (2) 9717 3606
Mobile: 0417 017 503
E-mail: robert.robinson at ansto.gov.au

www.ansto.gov.au/bragg
www.ansto.gov.au/bragg/contacts/dr_robert_robinson.html

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.