[Neutron] The workshop on "Spin Chirality and Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction"

mosqueen at alga.pnpi.spb.ru mosqueen at alga.pnpi.spb.ru
Wed Mar 23 15:20:13 CET 2011

We are pleased to announce the workshop on Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya
Interaction.

The workshop on "Spin Chirality and Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction"
will be held in St.-Petersburg, Russia from 25 to 27 May 2011. Petersburg
Nuclear Physics Institute takes the initiative to organize  this workshop
aiming to give a floor to the participants for the  exchange of ideas and
recent achievements. We will welcome among  conference visitors the
leading scientists in the field of investigations of the structural and
magnetic properties of noncentrosymmetric crystals and artificial
structures.

The program of the workshop will cover the following topics:
1) Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction (DMI) in cubic ferromagnets   without
center of symmetry;
2) DMI in antiferromagnets without center of symmetry;
3) DMI in nanostructures at the surfaces and interfaces;
4) DMI and weak ferromagnetism.

Invited speakers:
Sergey M. Stishov (HPPI, Troitsk, Russia)
Alexander Moskvin (Ural State University, Ekaterinburg, Russia)
Ulrich Roessler (IFW, Dresden, Germany)
Heribert Wilhelm (Oxford Diamond Light Source, UK)
Sergey Maleyev (PNPI RAS, Gatchina, Russia)
Filipp Rybakov (IMP, Yekaterinburg, Russia)
Sebastian Muehlbauer (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
Kazuhisa Kakurai (JAEA, Tokai, Japan)
Alexander Ovchinnikov (Ural State University, Ekaterinburg, Russia)
Shuichi Wakimoto (JAEA, Tokai, Japan)
Vladimir Dmitrienko (IC RAS, Moscow, Russia)
Dmitry Chernyshov (SNBL ESRF, Grenoble, France)
Dieter Lott (Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany)
Roland Wiesendanger (Univ. of Hamburg, Germany)
Stefan Bluegel (Juelich Forschungszentrum, Germany)
Stefan Heinze (Juelich Forschungszentrum, Germany)

We are forced to collect the Workshop fee from all participants since  the
workshop implies to get together narrow group of experts in the  field of
DM interaction in magnetism (50-60 persons). The workshop fee  (200 Euro)
includes conference materials, coffee breaks, lunches,  welcome and
closing parties.

Further information could be found at http://lns.pnpi.spb.ru/dmi

Hope to see you in the heart of Saint-Petersburg during the famous   time
of white-nights.

Dr. Evgeny Moskvin
Scientist
Disordered State Physics Laboratory
Neutron Research Department
Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institut RAS
Gatchina, St. Petersburg, 188300, Russia
Tel: +7(81371) 4 6715
Fax: +7(81371) 3 9023
E-mail: mosqueen at pnpi.spb.ru
web: http://www.pnpi.spb.ru/