[Neutron] postdoctoral position at Institut Néel - Grenoble FRANCE

Sophie DEBRION sophie.debrion at neel.cnrs.fr
Mon Jul 21 16:48:47 CEST 2014

Dear Colleagues,
a postdoctoral postion is available to work on:

Dynamical Magneto-electric properties in multiferroics

    1. Post-doctoral Position

The position will be mainly based at the Institut Néel in Grenoble with
strong collaborations with several large scale facilities : SOLEIL, the
french synchrotron facility close to Paris, and neutron sources like the
Institut Laue Langevin, the european neutron facility in Grenoble, and
the Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, the french neutron facility close to
Paris. Our group at the Institut Néel has developed a large activity
based on THz and neutron spectroscopy in condensed matter. We study the
dynamical properties of strongly correlated systems where magnetism is
present, in particular multiferoics where original magneto-electric
excitations may be present in the THz range.

    2. Mission

The applicant will work within the frame of the DYMAGE funding project
(Dynamical magneto-electric effects : probe and theory of hybrid
excitations) and develop his/her own research program using THz/FIR
spectroscopy and neutron diffraction. For that purpose, he/she will use
the characterization tools available at the Institut Néel(X ray
diffraction, magnetic and dielectric characterization, ...) to prepare
experiments on large scale facilities. He/she will also participate to
the development of the sample environment required for our studies at
SOLEIL (lower temperatures, static electric and magnetic fields), a
close collaboration between Institut Néel and SOLEIL.

    3. Qualifications & Experience

The applicant should hold a PhD degree in science related to the
activities of our group (Physics in strongly correlated systems) with
some experience in optical spectroscopy and/or neutron diffraction
techniques.

      4. General conditions

The offer concerns a Post-doctoral contract for a one year and a half.
Possible extension

Applicants should contact

Dr. DE BRION(sophie.debrion at neel.cnrs.fr) or Dr. V. SIMONET
(virginie.simonet at neel.cnrs.fr)