[Neutron] ORNL: Division Administrative Assistant-NB50468442
Levesque, Cerissa J.
levesquecj at ornl.gov
Tue Jan 6 14:41:44 CET 2015
Job Posting Title
Division Administrative Assistant-NB50468442
End Posting Date
The Neutron Sciences Directorate (NScD) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) operates the High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR), the United States' highest flux reactor based neutron source, and the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS), the world's most intense pulsed accelerator based neutron source. Together these facilities operate 30 instruments for neutron scattering research, each year carrying out in excess of 1,000 experiments in the physical, chemical, materials, biological and medical sciences. HFIR also provides unique facilities for isotope production and neutron irradiation. To learn more about Neutron Sciences at ORNL go to: http://neutrons.ornl.gov.<http://neutrons.ornl.gov/>
NScD seeks a highly qualified division administrative assistant to support the Chemical and Engineering Materials Division
(CEMD) and the Neutron Data Analysis Division (NDAVD).
* Provides all administrative support to the CEMD and NDAV Divisions, and also serves as the back up to the Biology and
Soft Matter Division (BSMD) and Quantum Condensed Matter Division (QCMD).
* Maintains office atmosphere in a professional manner and receives and assists visitors, such as government agencies,
DOE contractors, universities, sponsors, vendors, suppliers, and agencies of foreign governments. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
* Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentation materials via various computer software packages. Assures that reports, presentations, and correspondence are grammatically correct and conform to appropriate standards and contains authorized signatures; this may include more complex technical reports, publications, proposals, visuals, and brochures with supplemental photos, drawings, and sketches.
* Collects and/or abstracts supporting data in preparation for meetings, presentations, and projects. Reviews, annotates, and highlights letters, reports, and other correspondence and attaches associated relevant data. Refers to others for action or
may compose suggested response.
* Prepares and processes electronic forms. Frequently uses ORNL Administrative Systems, including SAP, PAS, Smart
Services, E-Prop, PALS, Travel, etc. Prepares and processes forms that require gathering/coordinating data.
* Handles incoming telephone, fax, email, walk-ins, and correspondence in a responsive and courteous manner. Initiates calls to obtain, verify, and exchange information. Disseminates information as deemed appropriate or refers to others.
* Schedules appointments, conference rooms, and other resources and maintains electronic calendars for the Group Leaders and the Division Directors using a tool such as Microsoft Outlook. Also coordinates candidate interviews and travel, PAS etc. associated with the interviews.
* Coordinates travel arrangements for supervisor and staff members for official company domestic and foreign business
trips. Handles travel and clearance arrangements for visitors, including foreign visitors.
* Coordinates special events, such as scientific workshops and seminars and all arrangements for food, lodging, travel,
* Sets up and maintains active filing systems for storage of hard-copy material. Codes, records, and establishes a period-of-retention system. Creates and updates electronic files.
* Initiates and maintains commitment/ suspense system to track important correspondence from DOE, ORNL or other outside agencies. Coordinates, and follows up on actions/responses to correspondence or deadlines to ensure compliance.
* Makes administrative decisions and judgments within realm of responsibility and authority, using tact and discretion and takes action, as authorized, during supervisor's absence to ensure requests for action/information are addressed.
* Identifies and recommends changes in systems, procedures, and other activities which enhance organizational performance. Works with others to develop and implement improvements. Performs ad hoc assignments.
* Maintains strong commitment to the organization's values and ethics.
* May be required to obtain P-card.
A High School education is required with a minimum of five years of relevant office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required. This position requires a high degree of expertise in office management functions and administrative work gained through experience in prior similar positions. Demonstrated willingness and ability to perform all administrative tasks as needed. Successful candidate must have the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks. Possess excellent organization skills and a thorough working knowledge of administrative policies and procedures. Requires proficiency on PC software packages (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.), and familiarity with ORNL web-based office systems (SAP, TravX, etc.) would be a plus. Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and maintains professionalism in a demanding environment. The successful candidate must be able to interact well with other employees at all levels and to be able to work well with scientific and diverse staff and have the ability to be able to multi-task. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
An Associate's Degree in secretarial sciences, business administration, or related field, and/or applicable professional certification, is desired but not required. Previous ORNL or DOE division level administrative assistance experience is highly desired.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word(.doc, .docx), Excel(.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint(.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML(.htm,
.hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov.<mailto:ORNLRecruiting at ornl.gov>
Notice: If the position requires a Security Clearance, reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10
CFR 707.4 will be conducted by the employer and a background investigation by the Federal government may be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment and subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron