[Neutron] Copenhagen Benzon Symposium on Current highlights in Structural Biology - last chance for registration

Bente Vestergaard bente.vestergaard at sund.ku.dk
Wed May 13 19:30:06 CEST 2015

Dear Colleague,

We are organizing The Copenhagen Benzon Symposium, focusing on current highlights within structural biology. The meeting is organized by the end of August, just at the time when Copenhagen is most lively and inviting. We are very proud that we can present an exciting program with presentations from some of the most distinguished researchers in the field. Please find a list of confirmed speakers below.

Please note that this is the last chance to register for the symposium. Please find the necessary information below!
I very much hope to see you in Copenhagen in August!!!

Best regards, on behalf of Joe Zaccai, Dmitri Svergun, Lise Arleth and myself

Bente

I would like to kindly remind you about the upcoming Benzon symposium.

Please note that the deadline for abstract submission has been extended till May 15th 2015.

Please use following link when submitting abstract:

http://www.abstractreviewer.com/abf/

We would like to draw your attention to the Benzon Symposium No. 61, 2015:

Structural Biology on the Move

Organizing committee:

Bente Vestergaard, Lise Arleth,

Dmitri I. Svergun, Joe Zaccai,

Egon Bech Hansen, Andreas Kjær,

Sven Frøkjær and Niels Borregaard

Monday, August 24 to Thursday, August 27, 2015

at Hotel Skt Petri, Copenhagen, Denmark

With the 61st Benzon Symposium: "Structural Biology on the Move"  we wish to highlight a collection of the most intriguing analytical challenges in the light of selected splendid achievements within structural biology. Notably, we will cover magnitudes of length-scales, from high-resolution analysis to whole-cell imaging, promoting current important development within hybrid structural analysis, where methods across boundaries between established and emerging disciplines are applied. With the 61st Benzon Symposium, we aim to envision the grand opportunities that are to come in structural biology.

The Symposium is a full 4-day scientific meeting. The format will be a combination of state-of-the-art lectures by invited speakers, by selected oral-poster presentations, and poster presentations.

Confirmed invited speakers:

Arleth, Lise (DK), Blanchet, Clement (D); Bonvin, Alexandre M.J.J. (NL);  Carlomagno, Teresa (D); Cheng, Yifan (US); Cloetenes, Peter (F); Jasnin, Marion (D); Katsaras, John (US); Mouritsen, Ole G. (DK); Neutze, Richard (S); Nissen, Poul (DK); Ramakrishnan, Venki (UK);  Redecke, Lars (D); Sakurai, Kazuo (J); Savvides, Savvas (B); Schaffitzel, Christiane (F); Schneider, Jochen R. (D); Stark, Holger (D); Stuart, David (UK); Trewhella, Jill (AUS); Vestergaard, Bente (DK); Wacklin, Hanna (S); Weik, Martin (F); Zanette, Irene (D)

Sessions:

Impact of Large-scale Facilities on Biological Sciences

Structural Studies of Functional Complexes

Structure and Function of/in Biological Membranes

Biomedical Applications

Imaging: from Molecule to Cell

Protein Dynamics and Kinetics

Deadlines:

Abstracts round opens: April 1, 2015

Abstract round closes: May 15, 2015

Registration: (provided acceptance of abstract) June 1, 2015

Fee: DKK 4,500 (covers registration fee, hotel accommodation, food, and social events)

Attendance will be limited to a total of 150 scientific participants.

The Benzon Symposia are international conferences on front line research in medical, pharmaceutical, and related sciences funded by the Alfred Benzon Foundation.

Further information:     www.benzon-foundation.dk

Yours sincerely,

Bente Vestergaard (Copenhagen University)

Lise Arleth (Copenhagen University)

Dmitri I. Svergun (EMBL, Hamburg)

Joe Zaccai (ILL, Grenoble)

Egon Bech Hansen (Technical University of Denmark)

Andreas Kjær (Copenhagen University)

Sven Frøkjær (The Alfred Benzon Foundation)

Niels Borregaard (The Alfred Benzon Foundation)

For further information and questions please contact:

 Leila Majdanac

The Alfred Benzon Foundation
C /O Copenhagen University

Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences