[Neutron] DENIM 2015_2nd Call for Contributions

Fábián Margit fabian.margit at energia.mta.hu
Mon Jun 22 10:21:07 CEST 2015

                    2^nd Call for Contributions

              Design and Engineering of Neutron Instruments Meeting
              (DENIM 2015) Budapest, Hungary, 7-9 September 2015

***Scope of DENIM 2015*

Neutron research always did and continues to benefit from the best
engineering practice at the state of the art level and beyond. The
community of engineers involved in neutron instrumentation design and
operation meets to share experiences of success and failure, determine
the most promising directions of development and cultivate the common
wisdom emerged from lessons learned during an essentially pioneering
activity. We are also keen to hear from leading instrument scientists
the most stringent technical challenges as well as mid- and long term
requirements in the field of existing and foreseeable neutron scattering
techniques.

*Contributions are invited in the following areas:*

- Choppers and chopper systems

- Sample environment

- Neutron beam polarization devices

- Shielding

- Beam shaping, beam slits, jaws and conditioning methods

- Collimation and collimators

- Motion and instrument control systems

- Vacuum vessel design, analysis and approval

- Detector systems and mechanics

- Project management of instrument builds

In order to compile the meeting program, we cordially invite all
potential contributors to send the title and a half page abstract of
your intended talk/poster, including your affiliation and contact
details to: *denim2015 at bnc.hu*

  Abstract submission deadline: 30 June 2015

*Publication:*the possibility is offered to publish selected
contributions in the Proceedings of DENIM 2015, to appear as a dedicated
special issue of *Pollack Periodica*, a peer reviewed journal of the
Hungarian Academy of Sciences.Please express your interest in submitting
a manuscript at registration or at the meeting.

All necessary information can be found on the web-site:
www.bnc.hu/denim2015 <http://www.bnc.hu/denim2015>

We look forward to meet you during the DENIM2015 in September.

Kind regards
     Janos Füzi
     DENIM2015 Chair