[Neutron] NCNR CALL FOR PROPOSALS
yamali.hernandez at nist.gov
Thu Jun 11 19:32:23 CEST 2015
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
You are invited to apply for time on the neutron beam instruments at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR). The deadline for all proposals is Tuesday, June 16, 2015.
Please see our Web pages (http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/call/current_call.html) for details.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION FORM
* You must have an account, or create one, on the NCNR Information Management System (NCNR-IMS) to submit a proposal. See our pages athttp://www.ncnr.nist.gov<http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/> for details.
* Our proposal form now requires you to upload the description of your proposed experiment as a pdf file.
* The description of research section must be uploaded as a pdf file no longer than 4 letter-size pages, nor more than 600 kb in file size. Note the Tips on Proposal Writing section in the proposal instructions.
* Please complete the Submit Visitor Registration Form NOW<http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/visitor/index.html> if you intend to submit a proposal and subsequently visit the NCNR.
* Quick Access Proposals may be submitted at any time, but are held to a higher standard.
Approved proposals will be allocated instrument time in the period from September 2015 through March 2016.
Instruments being offered in the current call for proposals are:
--Instruments supported by the Center for High Resolution Neutron Scattering<http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/programs/CHRNS/>
* Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) - 30 m (NGB)
* Ultra-Small Angle Neutron Scattering (USANS) instrument
* High-Flux Backscattering Spectrometer (HFBS)
* Neutron Spin-Echo Spectrometer (NSE)
* Multi-Angle Crystal Spectrometer (MACS)
* Thermal Neutron Triple-Axis with Polarized Beam Option (BT7)
* Disk-Chopper Spectrometer (DCS)
* Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) - 30 m (NG7)
* MAGIK Off-Specular Reflectometer (MAGIK)
* Polarized Beam Reflectometer (PBR)
* Neutron Imaging Facility (NIF)
* High-Resolution Powder Diffractometer (BT1)
Please note that after many years of service, Bill Kamitakahara has retired and Yamali Hernandez is now the person to contact for proposal submissions.
yamali at nist.gov<mailto:yamali at nist.gov>
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS IS Tuesday, June 16, 2015.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neutron