[Neutron] "50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy" workshop taking place on 2&3 September 2016 at the research campus of Garching - Reminder

Neutron-backscattering workshop at frm2.tum.de
Tue Jun 7 15:15:48 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know 2016 marks the 50th Anniversary of Neutron
Backscattering Spectroscopy. To celebrate the achievements and to
demonstrate the potential of this technique an international workshop is
being held at the research Campus of Garching near Munich on 2nd and 3rd
September.

We are very pleased to welcome Anton Heidemann and Manfred Birr, the
authors of the very first paper on neutron backscattering spectroscopy
(along with Bert Alefeld), on the occasion of this event.

We also would like to thank those who have accepted our invitation to
give a talk.

The main purpose of the present reminder is

  * to  encourage you to submit abstracts for the poster session or for
    one the of open slots for talks on Saturday morning.
  * to ask all participants, including invited speakers, to register and
    to submit their abstract (Please disregard this reminder,  if you
    have already done so).

Whereas we would appreciate if we could get this information at your
earliest convenience, please kindly note that the abstract submission
will be closed on 1st July.

Detailed information on the preliminary program is available on
<https://webapps.frm2.tum.de/indico/event/30/timetable/#all.detailed>.

Thank you and best regards,

Bernhard Frick (ILL) - Victoria Garcia-Sakai (ISIS)
Winfried Petry - Thomas Brückel (MLZ)

PS We apologize for multiple sending.

--
"50 Years of Neutron Backscattering Spectroscopy"

Workshop taking place in at the research campus in Garching near Munich/Germany
on 2 and 3 September 2016.

www.mlz-garching.de/50-years-of-backscattering

Organizers:

Dr. Bernhard Frick, ILL
Dr. Victoria Garcia-Sakai, ISIS
Prof. Dr. Thomas Brückel, MLZ
Prof. Dr. Winfried Petry, MLZ

For administrative matters please contact:
Elisabeth Jörg-Müller, MLZ
phone: +49(0)89 289 14966
<workshop at frm2.tum.de>