[Neutron] open position at MLZ Garching: Postdoctoral Scientist for Research Software development and data analysis

Joachim Wuttke j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
Fri Feb 15 09:51:57 CET 2019

At MLZ Garching, we are looking to recruit a

Postdoctoral Scientist for Research Software development and data analysis [1]

Your Job:

-   Develop open-source software to reduce, visualize, model, and fit experimental data
-   Lead the development of software used at specific diffractometers or spectrometers
-   Cooperate with instrument scientists to improve data analysis procedures
-   Participate in exemplary studies from experiment through analysis to publication

Your Profile:

-   Doctoral degree in physics or related fields
-   Track record in software development, equivalent to at least one year full-time dedication
-   Sound knowledge of C++ under Unix/Linux
-   Experience with any of the following would be a plus: Python, Qt, CMake, git; test-driven development, cross-platform development; numerical mathematics, condensed-matter physics, scattering, spectroscopy, crystallography
-   Communicative personality with excellent command of spoken and written English; German is a plus
-   In your application, please address all the above points; provide a publication list and references

Our Offer:

-   Challenging and varied work in a growing multicultural team of enthusiastic professionals
-   Visibility of our products in the web (http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de), through scientific publications, and at schools and conferences
-   A comprehensive further training programme
-   Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and private life
-   Limited for 3 years with possible longer-term prospects
-   Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
-   Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)

We look forward to receiving your application, preferably online via our online recruitment system [2] until 12.03.2019,

Dr. Joachim Wuttke
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science at MLZ
Scientific Computing Group
+49 89 289 10715
j.wuttke at fz-juelich.de
http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de