[Neutron] Open Position: Postdoctoral Fellow in Neutron and X-Ray Scattering

Janoschek Marc (PSI) marc.janoschek at psi.ch
Sat Jun 22 12:28:46 CEST 2019

The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.

For the Laboratory of Scientific Developments and Novel Materials we are looking for a
Postdoctoral Fellow
Neutron- and X-Ray scattering
Your tasks

  *   Basic research on strongly correlated f-electron and related materials
  *   Material characterization using bulk laboratory methods such as electrical transport, magnetization and specific heat
  *   Carry out experiments at neutron scattering and synchrotron user facilities
  *   Analyze complex data sets from diffraction and spectroscopy experiments
  *   Publishing of scientific articles, contribution to conferences

Your profile
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a PhD degree in physics, chemistry, material science or a related field. Experience in the investigation of strongly correlated electron materials is required. Expertise in neutron and / or X-Ray scattering techniques is desirable. You are interested in doing research of the highest quality and disemminate your results via publications and conference presentations. You are highly motivated, creative and have excellent team and communication skills. Good command of English is necessary.
We offer
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.

Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.

For further information please contact Dr. Marc Janoschek, phone +41 56 310 49 87<tel:+41%2056%20310%2049%2087>.

Please submit your application online by 31 July 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3600-01).

For more information and to apply, please visit:

https://www.psi.ch/en/pa/job-opportunities/29084-postdoctoral-fellow

Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr.  Marc Janoschek
Head of Laboratory, Scientific Developments and Novel Materials (LDM)
WHGA/249
5232 Villigen PSI Switzerland

Office:   +41 56 310 49 87
Fax:        +41 56 310 29 39