[Neutron] Workshop announcement

White Jonathan (PSI) jonathan.white at psi.ch
Fri Sep 6 07:51:53 CEST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you to attend the  workshop 'Topology in Magnetism: Theory meets Experiments' to be held from the 22nd-24th October,2019  in La Plata, Argentina, in the  Centro Científico Tecnológico La Plata.

The main goal of the workshop is to bring together leading experts in the fields of topology and magnetism, and discuss recent developments and future perspectives in common for these research fields. Various aspects will be discussed, with an emphasis on magnetic textures displaying topological properties in real-space.

Another key aim is to develop interdisciplinary communication and collaborations among internationally recognized experts and the local community. An important aspect of the workshop is to boost the participation of young researchers from the region.

The participation of twelve international invited speakers is confirmed:
Geetha Balakrishnan (Warwick, UK)
Cristian Batista (Tennessee, USA)
Hans-Benjamin Braun (Dublin, Ireland)
Sang-Wook Cheong (Rutgers, USA)
Andy Christianson (ORNL, USA)
Santiago A. Grigera (La Plata, Argentina)
Shi-Zeng Lin (LANL, USA)
Ramamoorthy Ramesh (Berkeley, USA by video conference)
Nicolas Reyren (Paris, France)
Yusuke Tokunaga (Tokyo, Japan)
Seonghoon Woo (IBM, USA)
Oleg Yazyev (EPFL, Switzerland)

There is no registration free, but we ask you to register through our webpage www.topologyme19.wix.com/tme19<http://www.topologyme19.wix.com/tme19>. Abstract submission is also open for posters and contributed talks. Registration and abstract submission deadline is 30th September.

More information may be found in the workshop flyer (attached), and at our website www.topologyme19.wix.com/tme19<http://www.topologyme19.wix.com/tme19>. You may also contact us at topologyme19 at gmail.com<mailto:topologyme19 at gmail.com>.

Kind regards and see you in La Plata!

The Organizing Committee:
Prof. Daniel Cabra, Dr Flavia Gomez Albarracin, Dr Diego Rosales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina)
Dr Oksana Zaharko, Dr Jonathan White (Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland)
====

Paul Scherrer Institut
Dr. Jonathan White
WHGA/145