[Neutron] MLZ calls for Rapid Access proposals - Deadline March 27th, 2020

useroffice at mlz-garching.de useroffice at mlz-garching.de
Mon Mar 23 09:36:29 CET 2020

Dear neutron users,

the MLZ Rapid Access programme is devoted to those measurements that do not fit into the normal MLZ proposal workflow with usually two deadlines and reviews per year, i.e. an independent neutron experiment proposal. It is foreseen, for example, for tuning a sample preparation process or for completing a publication about samples already measured at the MLZ with few additional samples.

We are pleased to announce the next call for Rapid Access proposals at the following MLZ instruments

  *   ANTARES: cold neutron radiography and tomography station
  *   BIODIFF: diffractometer for large unit cells
  *   KWS-1, KWS-2, KWS-3, SANS-1: small angle scattering diffractometers
  *   NAA: neutron activation analysis
  *   PGAA: prompt gamma-activation analysis
  *   SPODI: high resolution powder diffractometer
  *   STRESS-SPEC: materials science diffractometer

Deadline: March 27th, 2020 (23:00 CET)

Experiments will be scheduled during the upcoming cycle no. 48 between May 05th, 2020 and June 03th, 2020. Please note that there may be changes due to the worldwide COVID-19 crisis!

Please find all details in our Call for Rapid Access Proposals at
https://mlz-garching.de/files/20200218_call_rap_48.pdf

and just contact us via email in case any questions occur!

We look forward to receiving your proposals,
best regards from Garching,

The MLZ User Office Team
Dr. Ina Lommatzsch - Ramona Bucher

--
Technische Universität München
Forschungs-Neutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
e-mail: useroffice at mlz-garching.de
web: mlz-garching.de/useroffice

--
Please excuse any cross-posting!