[Neutron] PhD student position in Characterisation of Self-Assembled Nanoparticles using Neutron scattering and Magnetic Measurements, Uppsala University

avorobiev avorobiev at ill.fr
Thu Dec 10 15:43:42 CET 2020

Dear colleagues,

We open PhD student position in Characterisation of Self-Assembled
Nanoparticles using Neutron scattering and Magnetic Measurements. The
project is financed by the SSF training school SwedNESS with the aim to
train PhD students in neutron scattering to utilise the European
Spallation Source (ESS). ESS is a European consortium for research
infrastructure and a cross-disciplinary research facility based on the
world’s most powerful neutron source that is under construction in Lund.
Within the project we will study collective magnetic properties of
mesocrystals, which can be described as ordered materials where the
building blocks are nanoparticles with e.g. spherical or cubic
morphology. We plan to mainly use the neutron reflectometer Super ADAM
at the Institute Laue Langevin in Grenoble which is operated by Uppsala
University to study the connection between magnetism and mesocrystal
structure. Other techniques that will be used are magnetometry (SQUID
and VSM) as well as atomic/magnetic force microscopy (AFM/MFM).

The project is a collaboration between the Departments of Materials
Science and Engineering and Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University
and Super ADAM at the Institute Laue Langevin (ILL) in Grenoble.

A detailed description of the position can be found here:
https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=369072

We would be grateful if you could share this opportunity with your
students and others who may be interested.

Alexei Vorobiev
Responsible for Super ADAM at ILL
Division for Materials Physics, Department of Physics and Astronomy,
Uppsala University