[Neutron] CERIC Call for Proposals now OPEN

Nicoletta Carboni nicoletta.carboni at ceric-eric.eu
Mon Feb 1 15:27:19 CET 2021

Dear Researcher,

*Apply now to the CERIC Call for Proposals
*

The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC-ERIC
<http://ceric-eric.eu/> is calling for proposals for coordinated access
to more than 50 instruments and support laboratories for research in all
fields of materials, biomaterials and nanotechnology. In addition to the
possibility to access several instruments through a single application,
we offer support for mobility.

To apply to the call, use the link "Submit a new CERIC proposal" in the
VUO (https://vuo.elettra.trieste.it/ <https://vuo.elettra.trieste.it/>)

*DEADLINES:*

  * *March 1st 2021 at 17:00 CET,* to have a pre-evaluation and the
    possibility to improve your proposal;
  * *March 31st 2021 at 17:00 CET* (final submission), recommended only
    for users that are experts in all the techniques requested.

**What is new in this call?**

CERIC is increasing its capacities in the field of Energy materials. To
this end, we will upgrade certain beamlines/instruments during this year
in order to improve our services. In the first step, the upgrades will
address battery research and we invite the users to check the
instruments pages or contact the instruments scientists for forthcoming
development.

*Additional Facilities available:*

  * The Ultraviolet Laser Facility of the Foundation for Research and
    Technology
    <https://www.ceric-eric.eu/lab-instrument/ultraviolet-laser-facility-ulf-forth/>
    – Hellas (ULF-FORTH) in Greece;
  * The X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy beamline LISA at ESRF
    <https://www.ceric-eric.eu/lab-instrument/x-ray-absorption-spectroscopy-2/>;
  * The new soft X-ray Beamline PHELIX at SOLARIS
    <https://synchrotron.uj.edu.pl/en_US/linia-phelix>

Due to an important upgrade, the NAPXPS instrument in Prague will not
receive user proposals in this call.

Due to the COVID-19 emergency and according to the local evolution of
the pandemic, some of the CERIC facilities may propose to perform
measurements remotely, through sample mailing. It will be possible to
express your availability for remote measurements in the proposal
submission form.

For further information about the call, please visit our website
https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/call-for-proposals/
<https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/call-for-proposals/>

Remember you can also apply *anytime* for the dedicated COVID-19 Fast
Track Access <https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/open-access/#anchor-2> and
fast track for feasibility studies
<https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/open-access/#anchor-1>, in the
available instruments.