[Neutron] Reminder: BNC school on neutron techniques - registration extended

Bottyán László bottyan.laszlo at wigner.hu
Sun Sep 26 18:07:14 CEST 2021

Dear Interested Colleagues, Students, Applicants,

The deadline for registration for BNC school on neutron techniques (CETS 2021)
has been extended to

     1 October, 2021  12:00 (sharp)

Please follow the instructions at www.bnc.hu/cets to register for the event.

BNC's 14th Central European Training School (CETS 2021) on Neutron Techniques
will be organized in hybrid mode this automn. A virtual (on-line) theory module
between 4 to 8 October will be followed by an (off-line, in-person) hands-on
training module between 25 to 28 October, 2021. Both courses are open to
international attendees. The language of the course(s) is English. The detailed
program, names of the lecturers and course material for the hands-on-training
are available at www.bnc.hu/cets

The in-person hands-on training is limited to 25 participants, who attended the
theory module. A single application form applies to both courses at
www.bnc.hu/cets. To attend both modules, please tick "(online) theretical and
hands-on training".

Upon registration the organizers request your CV and publication list. You are
also encouraged to submit an abstract on your own research. This latter is not
compulsory, but will be an advantage in assessment. The abstract book (with
ISBN number) will be published by BNC.

Hungarian and international applicants who reside in Hungary are particularly
encouraged to apply for the hands-on training.

>From this year on the combined theory + hands-on training course is accredited
by the Doctoral School of Physics of Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest and the
Doctoral School of Physical Sciences of Budapest University of Technology and
Economics. Please consult the respective doctoral school for further details.

COVID-19 RELATED INFORMATION:

Prior to the in-person training a more than 15 and less than 180-days old full
vaccination certificate is to be presented. Moreover, the admission to the
in-person course will be limited to attendees and tutors producing a negative
fast antigen test (provided by BNC) on 25 October, the first day of the
training course.

No restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic are in effect in Hungary at
present, and, apart from possible face-mask wearing mandate and the well-known
rules of social distancing, no restrictions are foreseen around 25-28 October,
either. However, the consequences of unforeseen travel restrictions and
quarantine measures, which can not be excluded in that period will remain at
the risk of the attendees. We will keep you informed about the actual COVID-19
situation on the BNC web pages (www.bnc.hu). International candidates please
regularly consult the web pages of the Hungarian Embassy or Consulate in your
country concerning the Hungarian regulations that apply to your country of
residence.

More details on the upcoming and past CETS events are availaible on the BNC web
pages at www.bnc.hu/cets where a CETS 2021 flyer is also available. Should
there have remained any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us
at the school address below.

Apologies to those colleagues who receive this email in multiple copies.

Please kindly distribute this information through your own channels.

Best regards,

CETS Organizers

Adél Len
Katalin Bajnok