[Neutron] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor or Tenured Associate Professor Position in Applied/Experimental Neutron Imaging, or Related Field

Aram Teymurazyan teymuraa at uregina.ca
Fri Feb 11 19:13:46 CET 2022

Hello,

The Faculty of Science and the Department of Physics at the University
of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada invite applications for the position of
Fedoruk Chair in Neutron Imaging, centered on applied/experimental
neutron imaging or a closely related field. The anticipated start date
is July 1, 2022. The Fedoruk Chair in Neutron Imaging will hold a
tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or, in the
case of more experienced candidates, a tenured appointment at the rank
of Associate Professor.

Please see the details at:
https://urcareers.uregina.ca/postings/7733

The Department of Physics is a leader in experimental and theoretical
subatomic physics research with established programs in applied nuclear
science (Saskatchewan Centre for Cyclotron Sciences), neutrino physics
(T2K, Hyper-K and HALO-1kT), hadron structure (Jefferson Lab and the
Electron Ion Collider), nuclear structure and astrophysics (TRIUMF),
neutrinoless double beta decay (LEGEND), and beyond the Standard Model
phenomenology (CERN). Should the recruited candidate carry out research
that requires detector development, our department has expertise in
electromagnetic calorimetry (detecting photons and neutrons) and nuclear
imaging (X-ray and positron emission
tomography) that can be leveraged and complemented by the new hire.

If there are any questions about the position please do not hesitate to
contact me directly and thank you in advance for any help in sharing our
posting,

--

Aram Teymurazyan
Associate Professor