[Neutron] Sample Environment Research Engineer for Soft Matter at ESS
Monika.Hartl at ess.eu
Tue Jan 3 09:44:07 CET 2023
We are searching for a sample environment research engineer for the Chemistry and Life Science Group at ESS. Please find the job offer below and attached to this email. For more information and questions, please take a look at the website and don't hesitate to contact us under the addresses given below.
Happy New Year,
European Spallation Source ERIC
Sample Environment Research Engineer for Soft Matter
The European Spallation Source (ESS) is a partnership organization of 13 European member countries located in the city of Lund, Sweden. ESS is hiring motivated and inspiring people from across the globe to design, construct and operate the world's most powerful neutron source. We seek collaborative, talented people in a range of fields who are excited about playing a part in the future of science in Europe.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Sample Environment Research Engineer for Soft Matter. This position reports to the Group Leader for Chemistry and Life Science. Your primary task will be to develop, integrate, and later operate and maintain, innovative sample environment systems for soft matter and surfaces/interfaces at ESS. Such systems are required for experiments throughout the ESS instrument suite, but the focus at the beginning is to enable first science when the facility enters operation. In the future, you will work with a broad suit of sample environment for life science, soft matter and chemistry. Depending on your qualifications, there is the possibility to take the functional lead for the team providing the sample environment for life science, soft matter and chemistry.
Further responsibilities and qualifications include:
* Defining, developing, purchasing, testing and integrating sample environment systems dedicated to soft matter and surfaces and interfaces;
* Collaborating closely with your team colleagues to deliver a suite of sample environment equipment for soft matter, life science and chemistry;
* Collaborating with the instrument teams and support groups at ESS and at other facilities to keep at the forefront of what is needed for first science at ESS;
* The position requires the ability to adapt quickly and cope with changing circumstances;
* Being scientifically rooted, the selected candidate will have the possibility and is encouraged to join existing research and development projects;
* There will be the possibility to gain professional experiences at other neutron facilities;
* You have a Masters (or Bachelor with at least 10 years of experience) in engineering, experimental physics or related fields;
* You have experience in soft matter and surface/interface science and/or in providing sample environment in these fields;
* Hands-on and previous experience from a neutron facility (or synchrotron) will be a strong asset;
* You are proactive, able to work both independently and in a team environment, and have a keen interest in developing sample environment for research facilities and providing excellent users support;
* Excellent interpersonal and networking skills are required and demonstrated by your ability to establish effective relationships and networks inside and outside the organisation;
* Sharing your expertise as well as continuously developing yourself professionally will be key success factor;
* Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
* Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, and an international atmosphere with highly skilled personnel, you must, therefore, enjoy the diversity of such an environment and have a personality suited for the challenges it presents.
Duration & Location
The position is a permanent position located in Lund, Sweden.
Application & Contact
The deadline for applications is January 22nd, 2023.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/careers.
For further information regarding the position, please contact the Line Manager, Monika Hartl, Group Leader for Chemistry and Life Science, Monika.Hartl at ess.eu<mailto:Monika.Hartl at ess.eu>.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Partner, Kate Quaak, kathryn.quaak at ess.eu<mailto:kathryn.quaak at ess.eu>.
For trade union information please contact Unionen / Conny Wendt at +46 72 179 24 63 or SACO / Swedish Association of Graduate Engineers/ Yngve Levinson at +46 72 179 21 65
We look forward to receiving your application!
URL to this page: https://europeanspallationsource.se/careers/vacancies?rmpage=job&rmjob=1469&rmlang=UK
Please provide your CV by clicking on "apply" and following the instructions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Sample Environment Research Engineer for Soft Matter.pdf
Size: 183192 bytes
Desc: Sample Environment Research Engineer for Soft Matter.pdf
More information about the Neutron